SVP of Technology Services, Product Engineering leads and is accountable for all systems and services for the enterprise primarily focused on shared services. Responsible for building, supporting, and maintaining world class services platforms/framework, and automation, that are stable, scalable and available. This centralized technology organization serves all platform, data, enterprise architecture, and support functions for the enterprise. Provides full ownership of enterprise Platform, Data and Architecture functions responsible for transforming the overall engineering culture that is customer-centric leveraging technology at its core. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for Common/Enterprise Platforms and services, (services framework, logging, messaging and integration etc), API management, Performance Engineering, DevOps, CI/CD tools, machine learning and AI frameworks, Mobile Web Platform, Performance Engineering, Integration testing frameworks, Application security and Foundational architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Data as a Service (DaaS), and production support for all of Macys Technology organization.
• Develop technology strategy, technical principles and guidelines.
• Oversees and ensures implementation of actual software solutions built across cross-functional engineering teams and multiple critical projects.
• Manage capital and expense budgets, totaling more than $50 Million annually.
• Financial accountability for planning and managing budgets for team and projects along with portfolio and resource planning for area of responsibility.
• Consolidate & transform heterogeneous systems into shared and enterprise capabilities.
• Automate through careful design and risk management, building frameworks and technology evaluations for modern technologies like AI/ML, AR/VR, BOTS etc., cloud management solutions.
• Reduce cost of ownership for the technology solutions/applications by reducing time to market through fast Build-Measure-Learn cycles.
• Lead all technology services teams and serve as the technical leader of engineering teams, responsible for hiring, retaining and mentoring the talent.
Provides direction and directives to direct reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
• Mentor and coach direct report leaders and all manager positions.
• Partners and collaborates with various cross-functional teams like product management, process, project and program management, infrastructure, operations and business teams etc.
• Maintain strategic partnerships and drive joint initiatives with the corporate divisions: Stores, Customer Service, IT, and Marketing.
• Works closely with other senior managers in the planning and execution of business plans.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• 4-5 VPs of direct reports / 500+ employees and contractors of indirect reports.
• MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred
• Overall 20+ years of experience in the software development and high volume enterprise systems
• 10 + years of expertise is designing and building modern platforms - Data (lakes, big data, hadoop, streaming etc.), API management , machine learning, Architecture, Performance engineering, DevOps etc. with a good mix of production support operations
• 10+ years of experience in managing and overseeing enterprise level programs, which require extensive collaboration across various groups in a matrix organization
• 10+ years of extensive Java / JEE design and architecture experience with a focus on server side components
• 10+ years of experience with open source technology technologies preferably within a high volume eCommerce environment
• Expertise in architecture & development application and platform components based on services architecture
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them
• Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
• Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds
• Self driven, passionate leader and evangelist with expertise and experience of delivering full life cycle of architecture & engineering centered projects
• Expert leader at delivery and execution in an agile and lean development environment
• Ability to build scalable, high performing and robust eCommerce applications (with a focus on Java)
• Knowledge of Cloud enabled services / applications
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.