Macy’s is seeking an experienced marketer with Omnichannel strategy, and team-building experience. This position is ideal for an individual looking to work with experienced Omnichannel marketing professionals in a high performance, results driven environment.
The Marketing Manager, Mobile Strategy is responsible for the evolution of Macy’s mobile app experiences and the way we leverage new app technologies for Omnichannel marketing. The Marketing Manager, Mobile Strategy is the advocate for integrating the right technology into our infrastructure to power mobile marketing initiatives while ensuring all key players are in tune with business needs engagement and defining the long-term, strategy to be realized by cross-functional marketing partners. The right candidate will thrive in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment, work to drive innovation and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable sales growth. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strategy and Planning – Lead and develop mobile app marketing strategies that is grounded in awareness, acquisition and retention/engagement as well as forecast and scenarios planning.
- Manage customer experience strategy and enhancement work for the mobile app based on strategic priorities. Apply data and business insight to optimize the user experience and provide business performance recommendations on how to improve key business metrics.
- Understand and activate customer needs through analysis of user behavior and secondary/primary research.
- Cross-Device user journey- map out the mobile user journey and touch points, and connect the dots between mobile, desktop, and other devices to inform overall acquisition strategy.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring competitive apps and trends, their particular specialty area/vertical and mobile app design/functionality. Bring the marketing organization’s attention to new ideas / technologies for mobile as they emerge.
- Serve as marketing team subject matter expert to internal marketing teams who rely on the mobile app to advance their business needs. Achieves marketing objectives by collaborating with partners and agencies; working with stakeholders and internal marketing customers; motivating and influencing cross-functional teams; translating business priorities into app centric strategies; ensuring alignment with the overall marketing strategy.
- Test & launch programs to increase app acquisition & retention. Serve as App marketing strategy subject matter expert to strategically guide the product roadmap.
- Define customer adoption and education strategies for mobile products across marketing tactics. Create marketing plans using paid & owned tactics for new enhancements to grow customer awareness.
- Represent marketing strategy in enhancement working groups, acting as champion for the customer and larger business needs: drive sales and customer acquisition; increase retention and enhance Macy’s loyalty, credit and Millennial programs.
- Pilot new technology, such as beauty augmented reality, artificial intelligence / chat, mobile checkout, wayfinding and virtual reality to meet the ever-changing needs & expectations of our customers.
- Drive the evolution of Macy’s Push, location-based and personalization strategies leveraging new and emerging technologies.
- Continuously evaluating customer expectations, competitive landscape, our performance/trend against customer KPIs (e.g. loyalty, LTV, penetration).
- Update marketing organization and socialize progress and key milestones.
- Partner with cross-functional team (creative, UX, project management, product management, site merchandising, systems and analytics) to build optimal customer facing experiences.
- Identify and champion mobile vendor partnerships with key business partners.
- Build and accelerate efficiency to market workflow through continuous improvement processes.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Minimum of BA/BS Degree from a 4 year program required.
- 4+ years in product and growth marketing experience delivering highly successful growth, acquisition, engagement and retention strategies, and marketing aligned with customer/product lifecycles.
- Ecommerce marketing and/or consulting experience (consumer products or retail experience preferred).
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Experience working with Localytics, Apps Flyer, App Annie, and Branch is preferred.
- Experience launching projects leveraging Responsive Design, HTML5, cross-platform web optimization and technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- In-tune with emerging digital trends in retail, marketing and social.
- Strong analytics skills.
- Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tight timelines.
- Team player. Able to interface with all levels of executives with a positive/collaborative approach.
- Strong attention to detail balanced by ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with smart highly motivated colleagues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.