The Marketing Effectiveness Team enables and empowers the Macy’s organization with analytic insight and solutions to support planning, tactical execution and optimization of the customer experience. The Marketing Analyst is responsible for supporting the Acquisition Marketing team with reporting and analysis for the Affiliate program. This position will utilize data to drive decision making within the affiliate program, and particularly assist in interpretation and application of new tools and data sets to drive optimization. They will also support the Merchant teams with reporting and analysis of marketing campaigns by area of business (for example, Great Shoe Sale, or Home Sales). Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead the application of insights to influence marketing strategies that drive measurable growth in the affiliate program.
- Broaden scope of KPIs for affiliate marketing channel. Drive optimization based on customer centric metrics.
- Lead the transition of Affiliate reporting and analysis from last click based models to new multi touch attribution solution.
- Develop and own standardized reporting for co-op vendor funded marketing campaigns.
- Lead analysis for promotions and events within Beauty, Center Core, Ready to Wear, Home, Mens, and Kids areas of business.
- Standardize and automate ongoing reporting to enhance real time decision making capabilities.
- Drive development of new reports and enhancements to existing reports in Tableau. Continually work to automate existing manual reporting processes through Tableau.
- Identify business trends and shifts, and recommend data-driven responses and recommendations to the Marketing organization.
- Utilize Macy’s analytics toolset (IBM Digital Analytics, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.) to analyze and report on business results.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BA/BS Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or other quantitative field preferred).
- 2+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries, reviewing query performance, and optimizing code.
- Experience translating abstract business questions into SQL statements to obtain relevant data.
- Experience analyzing performance of paid marketing programs.
- Familiarity with Hadoop.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following analytics tools: Tableau, SAS, R, IBM Digital Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners across all levels of the company.
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills – skilled at analyzing and deriving meaningful insights out of complex data and translating that into actionable strategies.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships and effectively manage internal customers
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.