The Marketing Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for matters related to paid search marketing on Google, Bing, AOL and other CPC platforms for the Macy’s search program. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting the growth of sales tied to specific categories of business on macys.com in addition to providing flawless execution of search campaigns designed to support internal corporate clients’ initiatives. The core function of this role is to analyze search partner driven traffic and sales data to derive conclusions and actionable insights. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage multi-million dollar annual paid search budget for specific area of business on macys.com.
- Build and optimize against an acquisition forecast using Macy’s promotional calendar, conversion events, online & offline sales.
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance daily, develop reporting and insight capabilities and processes to effectively assess progress and opportunities from various campaigns.
- Set up testing plans (copy, ads, landing pages, automation) for continuous performance improvement of the campaign.
- Collaborate with site merchandising and buying teams to exchange business insights in support of vendor co-op opportunities.
- Track the market for trends, opportunities, and use that information to make recommendations.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present business performance to senior leaders.
- Responsible for developing direct reports and mentoring other team members on Paid Search best practices and new strategies.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BA/BS from a 4 year program. Degree in business or marketing-related major preferred but not required.
- +3 year hands-on experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Previous experience in corporate retail preferred but not required.
- Hands-on experience using a 3rd-party search bidding tool (eg. Marin, Kenshoo etc) and analytics tools (Coremetrics, Omniture etc).
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Proficiency in MS Access a plus.
- Strong attention to detail along with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting to groups
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Comfortable working independently to achieve a successful result with minimal guidance.
- Tech-savvy and ability to learn new concepts and software applications quickly.
- Passion for retail and an ability to keep on top of the latest trends.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.