The Retention Marketing Team is responsible for managing the customer contact strategy, lifecycle, and end to end campaign execution for all digital retention channels – Email, Mobile, and Site Targeted Content.
The Retention Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading strategy for Email, SMS, Push Notifications, and Site Targeted Content communication. The individual will work closely with their team to develop cohesive strategies across Email and Mobile by building out scorecards, monitoring data, and compiling insights to understand where the program is excelling and where it needs to be improved. The individual will prioritize list of testing initiatives that are designed to increase email and mobile performance. The individual will be expected to be the Email and Mobile expert within the team that understands the channel’s best practices. This individual will also work closely with all cross functional partners – Marketing Strategy, Merchant Marketing, Design, Copy, CRM, and other Retention Marketing teams. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Managing Retention Marketing experimentation plan and prioritizing and designing tests that optimize programs and key KPI’s for long term growth and scalability.
• Developing a prioritized list of testing initiatives guiding the teams towards proven strategies while staying away from low-ROI initiatives. Prioritize testing opportunities based on business needs and program metrics for Email, Email Triggers, SMS, and Push.
• Lead planning sessions to analyze performance and determine testing activities on a quarterly basis. Wil review benchmarks, KPI’s, test results, competitor review, best practices, and recommendations for the prioritized action plan.
• Analyze/review Email, SMS, and Push campaign results to constantly improve customer experience and prioritize analytical requests with stakeholders.
• Define and optimize key performance metrics and prepare relevant dashboards to share results across the team and report up to senior management.
• Monitor and improve email marketing strategy, email acquisition, database health, test plans and automation plan development with deep collaboration and coordination across the teams.
• Drive strategy for all linking across Email, SMS, and Push to increase conversion.
• Build out tactic specific best practices – email design, email size (width, length), content, offers, subject lines, SMS character count, linking strategy, MMS, push messaging strategy.
• Partnering with Merchants and Merch Marketing to drive marketing content and decisions for personalized email.
• Lead Quarterly Business Reviews and partner with them on strategic opportunities; participate in vendor deliverability strategy sessions.
• Manage 2 direct reports:
• Build out team succession planning to ensure business continuity.
• Coach team to lead self and delegate projects.
• Help develop growth and learning goals for the team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Ability to problem solve when late changes or workflow issues arise.
• Partner with team members when making recommendations to business stakeholders.
• BA/BS college degree is required; concentration in Marketing a plus.
• 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing required.
• 3 years knowledge of email marketing methods required.
• Experience or knowledge of HTML, data processing and database applications is a strong plus.
• Self-starter with strong communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
• Ability to independently handle and filter issues and questions from various teams.
• S/he can manage shifting operational and project deadlines in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain and enforce documentation.
• Ability to identify, resolve, and escalate issues, challenging the status quo when appropriate.
• Ability to escalate issues and pushback as needed.
• Strong analytic, financial and problem-solving skills a must.
• Heavy focus on quality assurance and high attention to detail are essential to success.
• Demonstrable computer skills and aptitude/passion for technology, including proficiency with MS Office and database applications are a must.
• Management with direct reports is a plus.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Typical work hours 9am-5pm and overtime and after-hour support as needed.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.