San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 27, 2019
Requisition ID: MAR02596Apply
The Marketing Effectiveness Team enables and empowers the Macy’s organization with analytic insight and solutions to support planning, tactical execution and optimization of the customer experience. The Marketing Analyst is responsible for providing analysis on performance of the Mobile Messaging (Push and SMS) marketing programs. This position will utilize data to drive decision making within marketing programs, and particularly assist in interpretation and application of new tools and data sets to drive optimization. This position will also include providing customer insights on different marketing programs. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead the application of insights to influence marketing strategies that drive measurable growth in online and store sales for Mobile Messaging marketing tactics (Push and SMS). Own Mobile Messaging analytics and campaign performance reporting.
• Lead customer profile reporting, providing customer level insights (segments and demographics) on marketing tactics and campaigns to drive growth in online and store sales.
• Create and automate ongoing reporting in Tableau. Work with newly on boarded Push vendor to bring in new data feeds and standardize Push reporting.
• Manage marketing tagging process to track incoming website traffic by marketing channel.
• Analyze and report on success of vendor digital marketing initiatives (i.e. Macy’s digital marketing campaigns in partnership with Ralph Lauren, Clinique, etc.)
• Broaden scope of KPIs for marketing channels. Drive optimization based on customer centric metrics.
• Ultilize Macy’s analytics toolset (IBM Digital Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Hadoop, Tableau, Neustar MarketShare, etc.) to analyze and report on business results.
• Identify business trends and shifts, and recommend data-driven responses and recommendations to the Marketing organization.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• BA/BS Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or other quantitative field preferred).
• 2+ years of experience using data to develop business insights and recommendations.
• Experience writing complex SQL queries.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following analytics tools: Tableau, Localytics, SAS, R, IBM Digital Analytics, Adobe Analytics.
• Expert level in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners across all levels of the company.
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
• Ability to build relationships and effectively manage internal customers.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills – skilled at analyzing and deriving meaningful insights out of complex data and translating that into actionable strategies.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.