San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 04, 2019
Requisition ID: MAR02550Apply
A Technical Product / Solutions Manager at Macys.com is responsible for driving marketing and analytics solution development and process improvement. Efforts will cross all marketing disciplines and involve working with cross-organization leadership teams, external service providers, analytics, and various other business functions. The primary focus of this position is the identification and definition of strategic solutions designed to support enterprise marketing and analytics groups, with a focus on customer business goals and objectives. The Technical Product / Solutions Manager works closely with cross-functional project teams to ensure optimal delivery of the solution.
Day-to-day responsibilities include: support the delivery process by providing end to end solution options, gather input from internal and external sources to clarify requirements, evaluating and identifying systems and technologies to meet requirements, establishing critical interface contracts and core business measures. Documentation is critical and can include: business requirements, use cases, business rules, information flow, and user acceptance testing. Strong candidates will possess a proven track record of influencing and delivering in a cross-functional context, using data to drive decision-making, building partnerships and maximizing the output of project teams. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for developing solution requirements, overseeing of the implementation process, and advocating concepts with internal business groups
• Write business / functional requirements for the cross functional projects related to marketing systems and data.
• Build relationships with business function sponsors, understand their objectives, and establish trust and dialogue on how to support those needs.
• Provide trusted thought leadership, drive collaboration and deliver enterprise-oriented product and systems development.
• Assist business stakeholders in prioritizing project work, articulate clear prioritization and business justification to engineering teams and convey IT constraints and dependencies to business users.
• Ensure operational excellence. Champions the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project.
• Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs.
• Collaborate with the technical project team members to define the design, features and approach of the project.
• Effectively communicate across business and technology teams to define project goals and objectives, solution, and constraints.
• At the project level, coordinate team efforts and activities between technology teams and internal and external business partners.
• Identify upstream and downstream impacts of a solution and work with internal business and technical groups to address in order to support new features and functionality.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Proven track records of delivering solutions across complex network of providers.
• 5 years of experience as a Technical Product Manager/Solution Manager, or the experience as a technical lead in relevant marketing technology roles.
• Strong leadership experience including, ability to navigate and thrive in complex organizational structures and drive large, cross-functional and cross-organizational teams.
• Expertise in Email and Mobile (Push/SMS) marketing tactic, Data Warehousing, BI and Analytics tools, Retail Systems, MDM, Customer data management, Marketing Systems and technologies.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Finely tuned attention to detail and well organized.
• Proven ability to write effective data and process documentation (including business and system requirements, business process diagrams and data flow diagrams).
• Proclivity for learning new systems and technology for future incorporation or integration to the marketing and analytics solution sets.
• Internet and retail experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with executive, business, and technical stakeholders to ensure common understanding and timely problem-solving.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Proven ability as a problem-solver.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to navigate and drive clarity in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Strong estimating and planning skills.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.