San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Dec. 21, 2018
Requisition ID: MAR02511Apply
The Special Events Coordinator will promote market and develop special events for the regional store locations for Macy's. This position networks and partners with key senior level executives in the stores as well as the Central Merchant organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Support and manage total event teams marketing strategy: Manage teams marketing requests, timelines and proofing. Including managing event calendars, recaps and posting on internal and external sites Including, writing Macy's event marketing advertising copy for online, radio, and in-store formats and coordinating the internal and external advertising approval processes (30%).
• Planning and executing sales-driving, brand-building in-store special events in collaboration with Macy's vendors and other strategic partners; includes managing freelancers/outside vendors, such as stylists, caterers, and production companies. Development of event proposals, budgets and execution strategies that are communicated and approved by Director (25%).
• Supporting total team on managing the departmental budget, including responsibility for writing purchase orders, tracking expense, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts for specific projects (20%).
• Evaluating Macy's event marketing initiatives from both quantitative (e.g., sales, attendance) and qualitative standpoints (e.g., event flow, branding opportunity); reporting results to management for the NW events team (20%).
• Relationship Management with of all vendors and sponsors, which translate into event opportunities; identifying outside sponsors for Macy's special events to offset departmental expense. (5%).
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1-2 years of event coordination and execution experience, preferably in a retail environment.
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to changing business needs.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Proven financial skills-budgets and execution.
• Competence and comfort level with basic quantitative analysis.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously/grace under pressure.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Lotus Notes.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
A picture is worth a thousand words. We see it every day when we showcase our e-commerce and technology products. So we’ll let our photos give you a glimpse into what it’s really like to work at Macy’s Technology.
Copyright ©2019 Macy’s, Inc.
Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law, click here.