San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 08, 2018
Requisition ID: MAR02453Apply
We are looking for a Director of Paid Search to lead all Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing initiatives within all Macy’s, responsible for defining strategy, owning performance, and building a team to execute on multi-million dollar monthly budgets. Reporting to the Vice President of Search Media, this seasoned subject matter expert will serve as the team leader for an experienced team of knowledge experts, and be responsible for driving business results to include new customer acquisition, revenue, and ROI.
In this role you lead a strong in-house and have access to analysts, engineers, and solution managers to help execute on strategic, tactical, technical, quantitative vision you have for our search program. Strong industry knowledge, PPC best practices, business acumen, quantitative analytics skills, and leadership will be essential for success in this key position. You will also oversee vendor relationships and be charged with identifying, evaluating, negotiating, and executing multiple paid search initiatives against marketing goals. You must have the ability to view marketing opportunities from a finance, behavioral and optimization perspective; and possess excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Own the strategy and execution for a multi-million dollar monthly budget across SEM, Shopping, and next-gen search ad types.
• Work with key stakeholders and internal departments to define paid search acquisition strategy, objectives and deadlines to ensure strategic imperatives and goals are met
• Develop quarterly plans, optimize operations, and drive business results.
• Manage and guide a large team of highly skilled Paid Search Marketing Managers
• Develop auction-winning bidding and optimization strategies that address the complexity of a hyper-local omni-channel operational model.
• Organize and optimize keyword portfolios to drive business results across multiple brands and product lines with a clear view on incrementality.
• Use measurement, tracking, and management platforms to produce analytical insights and manage Paid Search operations.
• Develop effective hypothesis for A/B tests by conducting landing page optimizations and multivariate testing.
• Provide thought leadership to help identify new opportunities and other emerging advertising platforms.
• Partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure relevant organizational goals are factored into PPC Search projects.
• Engage with senior company management to represent resource needs and performance.
• Drive innovation and education on the search channels within the organization.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS degree in economics, mathematics, marketing, or related fields; MBA preferred.
• 10+ years marketing experience with 6+ years in Search Engine Marketing.
• Experienced Team Leader.
• Clear understanding of search industry best-practices, able to effectively benchmark keyword portfolios to best-in-class search operations.
• Experience with highly quantitative and analytics driven environment; working with complex datasets to understand performance and drive optimization strategies.
• Demonstrated track record of managing a sizeable budget, driving financial performance, and attaining measurable results through projects with a clear ROI/CPA targets.
• Demonstrated success in driving complex projects within cross functional teams including Product Management and Marketing Technology.
• Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
• Experience in using Kenshoo and/or other ad serving and ad management platforms.
• Proven ability to deliver performance/growth in a fast past environment
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), both in articulating his/her ideas and gathering input from key stakeholders.
• Comfortable creating presentations & presenting to senior management.
• Innovative thinker able to operate both in strategic capacity, but also with laser-focus on flawless execution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• People leadership experience.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.