San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 08, 2018
Requisition ID: MAR02452Apply
The Enhancements Copywriter will have responsibility for understanding the overall macys.com business, brand and marketing objectives, and proactively contributing to its evolution and success. The position will be responsible for creative and strategic thinking, developing writing and messaging skills relative to site enhancements and new features. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work closely with user experience team to improve overall experience with clear, compelling copy.
• Contribute to evolution and success of brand objectives and marketing initiatives.
• Employ creative and strategic thinking across families of business on macys.com.
• Create copy for sitewide campaigns, sitelets, mobile and tablet executions.
• Lean Labs: collaborate in multiple lab environments with product management, user experience, development and quality control to experiment with new features and enrich the customer journey.
• Site Enhancements: work closely with user experience team to make updates/improvements to the overall site by creating clear, customer-friendly copy.
• App Features: effectively translate site experiences to the app platform; brainstorm new and dynamic ways to reach the mobile customer through impactful messaging.
• Operational Messaging: create clear, cohesive flow of operational messaging across SMS, emails and landing pages.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Direct • Response or Promotion (or comparable work experience).
• 4-5 years of copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing, promotion or publishing, preferably with a background in online retail.
• Experience as part of a User Experience team or having worked with a UX/Product team is crucial.
• Working knowledge of Macintosh, proficiency with Word, experience with database tools and knowledge of Internet technology.
• Strong conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics and typography are also highly desirable.
• General knowledge of how the web works and the different tones/voices needed for different platforms.
• Knowledge of sitewide, end-to-end copy (not just technical copy).
• Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Aptitude to be flexible and proactive within a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to think comprehensively about copy (i.e. the content strategy vs. just one piece of messaging).
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to troubleshoot/QA projects.
• Knowledge of how to read wireframes.
• Familiarity with agile/iterative work.
• An interest in new web/design/UX trends.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.