Reporting to the Technology Resource Planning Manager and embedded in assigned domains, the Sr. Resource Planning Analyst will be responsible for planning workloads for resources in their assigned Subdomains. This involves working with Engineering Leaders in ensuring that teams are allocated accurately to initiatives and that all resource workloads are balanced. Furthermore, they have the responsibility of ensuring that contractor SOWs have accurate start and end dates and that contractor timesheets are booked accurately and on time.
Independently seeks opportunities to define and improve processes within the department and collaborates with internal and external partners to drive changes. The Sr. Resource Planning Analyst is internal and external facing, working with the Domain Triads to ensure that all allocations are correct. Also liaises with Vendor Management, Finance as well as external contracting account managers to ensure timely processing of contractor SOWs.
The ideal candidate will not only have excellent communication and analytical skills but will also have to think critically and make independent decisions based on analyses and experience. They must have knowledge of various software development lifecycles, functional knowledge of Clarity PPM, have the ability to troubleshoot functional issues and be able to interpret financial and resource metrics and take appropriate action. The candidate should be well versed in facilitating business and/or technical personnel to drive resolution of complex problems associated with resource management efforts. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure assigned resources are accurately allocated and balanced in the Clarity tool for rolling three month period, as well as review longer term under / over allocation to signal procurement, divesture (contractors), or reallocation of resources.
- Advise Engineering Leaders of unbalanced workloads and recommend alternatives to avoiding resource demand peaks and valleys.
- Work with Program Managers to ensure that project forecasts are updated regularly based on latest needs and shifts in priorities.
- Work with assigned domain and sub-domain triads to ensure that resource demand is properly allocated in Clarity PPM.
- Liaise with the Vendor Management and/or Tech Finance teams on behalf of the Engineering Lead to facilitate the approval of SOWs.
- Monitors SOW end dates for contractors and works to shorten SOWs as needed.
- Provide status to the Technology Resource Planning Manager on a weekly basis.
- Review resource metrics and exceptions such as Under/Over Allocations, Allocated vs. Actual Performance by organization, role, resource, etc. with Engineering Leads bi-weekly.
- Follow resource planning processes and facilitate initial and ongoing training for Engineering Leads.
- Review department processes for streamlining and automation opportunities and drive change.
- Works with the PPM Support Team in resolving complex functional issues for all PPM Tools.
- Monitors timesheet compliance and resolves timesheet issues as they arise. Includes entering timesheets for contractors prior to month end to ensure that 100% of timesheets are submitted.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT and 5 - 7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years business functional experience in a resource planning role, preferably using Clarity PPM:
- Project Management principles and methodology.
- Resource Capacity Management.
- Cost and Budget Planning.
- Time Tracking.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior management.
- Ability to engage, influence, and inform the organization through effective collaboration and leadership.
- Ability to partner with technical and management teams.
- Results-oriented and strong analytical skills including report design and development in tools such as Jaspersoft and other BI Tools.
- Independent decision making, especially in situations with limited information; is innovative, flexible and adaptable.
- Experience in initiating and facilitating discussions with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, conflict/ negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and continuous process improvement in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Visio.
- Technology Project experience desired.
- Experience in e-Commerce business domain desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share business information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
- Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions to all levels of Compute and Operations.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.