At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omni-channel retailer. Macy’s technology hub, Macy’s Technology (M*Tech) strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Macy’s Technology is seeking a Sr. Information Security Engineer who will function as a member of the Network Security Delivery team, under limited direction, with a comprehensive understanding of Macy’s business systems and processes and in depth knowledge of the Macy’s information security and business objectives, provide information security leadership and technical expertise in the area of information security design and operations.
This role will be expected to support the Information Security Delivery manager from time to time by temporarily filling in during staff meetings, status updates, projects, executive meetings, and similar duties. He or she will continue to provide expertise in assessing, planning, testing, and implementing solutions; documenting security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members; coordinating resources; and defining security configuration, implementation, and operation requirements on security projects. He or she will be recognized as a technical leader and be considered an adviser to Infrastructure, divisional, and Domain management and technologists on information security concepts.
Information Security Delivery Specialist uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform analysis, design, and support tasks related to the development and implementation of enterprise security strategies, architectures, technologies, configurations, and processes in order to provide secure solutions that meet Macy’s business objectives and improve Macy’s security posture. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Defines security requirements that are documented and aligned with business strategies and requirements; researches information security architectures, standards, and compliance requirements; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; understands system architecture and platform configurations; identifies and resolves integration issues; ensuring previous investments are leveraged wisely; and prepares business cases, obtaining approval, and implements solutions to address necessary preventive, detective, and reactive security measures. End results include secure architecture designs and risk statements
- Leads information security project teams by defining, producing, driving, and managing project scope, objectives, customer expectations, schedule, communications, status, resources, quality, reports, deliverables, issues, risks, timelines, and lessons learned and building consensus and owning the responsibility for execution and final deliverables. End results include successful completion of security projects
- Leads the development, modification, and documentation of technical standards; project, implementation, and test plans; requirements criteria; system specifications and configurations; and monitoring and support procedures. End result includes consistent, current, and accurate documentation
- Provides team and project status reports; lead team meetings; and mentor more junior associates
- Provides expert-level support for problems that cannot be resolved by primary support roles, training, mentoring, and reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. End result includes advanced support
- This position contributes significantly to the decision making process and provide significant input to management for secure architecture design, risk assessments, procedures, policies, and technologies
- This will include, but is not limited to, decisions related to selecting one vendor over another vendor, testing and evaluation methodology and criteria for various security technologies, and how to monitor and respond to alerts.
- This position will also need to make decisions regarding the type and number of resources required for projects and the identification of specific tasks that are required to successfully complete security projects
- This position will also be expected to make recommendations to management on ways to improve the security posture of Macy's based on this persons' retail and security knowledge
- This position will also expect to represent management from time to time during executive briefings, status updates, team meetings, and similar activities
- This position requires an understanding of a wide array of enterprise grade applications and technologies to include messaging, directory services, mobile, wireless, web, cloud, database, collaboration, virtualization, DNS, and various operating systems
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.