San Francisco - California
Date Posted: May. 01, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14810Apply
This role will work to establish and drive architecture strategy for the current, near term and future cloud native common services. This is a highly collaborative role where the common services group needs to partner with all technology functions and delivery of durable production-scale common services components. In collaboration with key domain and technology partners, this role will be responsible to understand and translate the overall business strategy and goals into an aligned, actionable and forward- looking delivery focused cloud native architecture. This leader should have an excellent engineering foundation and be well-rounded in architecting highly scalable cloud native services. The candidate should also have managerial experience to lead a group of high-potential engineers, architects, and managers. Be willing to take on additional engineering and leadership duties as assigned.
• Explore future technology needs for Macy’s, by balancing technology innovation, industry trends, and Macy’s customer and associate facing solution needs.
• Design and build out of cloud-native enterprise services.
• Provide support to defining the platforms strategy and implementation.
• Provide support to adoption of platform engineering & site reliability engineering mindset across technology team.
• Responsible for proactively simplifying technology footprint and reducing technical debt in solutions.
• Responsible for partnership and collaboration with various cross-functional teams to design & build enterprise services – product management, project and program management, infrastructure, operations and business teams.
• Always keep up to date on technology advancements and industry trends and apply them to meet emerging business needs.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred.
• Overall 5+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems.
• 4+ years of experience building cloud-native applications in private & public cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS) required.
• Experience in multi-channel retail technologies required.
• 4+ years of experience with open source technology technologies preferably within a high volume eCommerce environment.
• Experience with open source technologies preferred.
• Experience and passion to work in a fast paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
• Strong general knowledge in Internet Technology and Software Development Lifecycle, including current industry trends and their application.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Demonstrable presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking.
• Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.