San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Apr. 30, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14783Apply
Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to help shape the user experience design for Macys.com, Macy’s app, and Macy’s retail stores. The UX Designer helps to realize Macy’s strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
• Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel.
• Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity.
• Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
• Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups based on business goals and user research.
• Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
• Minimum 2 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; knowledgeable of user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
• Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that demonstrates design solutions for complex problems.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the organization.
• Negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
• Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong analytical and conceptual UX design skills.
• Ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
• Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
• Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaged environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.