The Director of Site Merchandising is responsible for managing a team to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection of products across our Digital properties to optimize on line events to drive sales and profitability, and to execute, analyze and audit content. The Director will work closely with peers and cross functional teams across business areas to streamline processes, simplify and automate. The Director will develop an agile team that thrives on results and reacts to business as needed. The Director creates a vision, goals, and success metrics for the team, prioritizing work efforts, optimizing and evolving team structure, creating and implementing key performance indicators (KPIs) and standards. The Director demonstrates a deep understanding of business objectives, defining site business strategies to meet business objectives then translating business strategies into clear actionable steps for the team. The Director must be highly analytical with strong business acumen, organized, and possess great communication and presentation skills as they will represent their FOB in many forums, partnering closely with business and technical teams across multiple locations. Perform other duties as assigned.
Drive Business Revenue and Conversion
- Deeply understand customer shopping behavior and preferences.
- Be the expert in your family of business (FOB) and categories within each FOB; maximize online events to increase sales, conversion and profit performance.
- Understand event business strategy, vision, objective and priorities. Define requirement for success –Establish Best in Class Execution based KPI / ROI.
- Ensure implementation of best site experience and seamless execution: promotions, sitewide events, fob events.
- Build strategic cross-functional relationships (Digital Merchants, Marketing, Creative Production, Production, and Internal Site Merchandise Partners) to leverage necessary resources in establish best in class event execution.
- Site analysis and audit: Align data across all customer touch points and devices, Establish best practices across competitive landscape; Facet and browse optimization.
- Manage Header Fly out, Left Hand Navigation; work with SEO and UX team to develop best practices.
- On Site Search – Optimize and establish best practices, Execute merch approvals as needed.
- Leads team to optimize shopping experience throughout site for all devices and experience.
- Develops an Agile Team that has the ability to react with solutions for success.
- Foster career development – train, motivate and develop team members for continued growth for the entire team.
- Develop presentations and present at team meetings.
Innovation and Special Projects
- Develop automation to improve event and taxonomy processes.
- Work with enhancements and experimentation teams to drive sales / conversion increases.
- Cultivate team work environment.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in on line merchandising or/and retail experience preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience coaching, developing and motivating teams at various levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make immediate sound decisions and when needed able to influence immediate team and partners across functions.
- Experience presenting to senior management.
- Well-developed ability to train, coach and motivate direct reports.
- Must have strong analytical skills and highly developed business acumen.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate analytical data /website metrics into strategy/vision.
- Experience in web analytics tools preferably Adobe Analytics.
- Must be self-motivated. Ability to work well independently within a multi- functional, multi-campus team.
- Action-oriented, creative problem solvers, with a keen understanding or their role in the overall workflow.
- Must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization.
- Ability to maximize the contribution of individual team members.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Comfortable with being “hands-on” to manage tasks to ensure deadlines are met. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and E-mail required, web content management system experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.