San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Apr. 26, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14750Apply
We are looking for a hands-on natural search optimization (SEO) professional to take on a role within our growing in-house SEO team with strong background in Technical SEO. This position will drive the SEO technical initiatives through competitive research and partnership with external vendors. This individual should be well versed in on-page, off-page, technical SEO tactics with a thorough background working with organic and paid acquisition tactics, creative workflows and editorial content. Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have excellent problem solving skills and an expert understanding of SEO issues involving information architecture; semantic keyword research; search friendly content; and metrics-driven SEO. Strong communication skills are essential in this role, as the Manager will be integral in socializing SEO across a diverse, dual-coastal team of executives. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Drive the SEO technical initiatives through the analysis of existing site, competitive research, and partnership with external vendors.
• Work closely with Site Merchandise and Merchants to ensure consistency in SEO strategy and implementation across multiple family of businesses.
• Work closely with the Site Merch. team to manage SEO content across family of business.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of SEO strategies in generating increased web traffic and organic revenue.
• Work with internal SEO project team, Product Marketing and external SEO agencies to help create SEO roadmap, enhancements and innovations to drive large scale sales growth.
• Monitor digital marketing trends and developments, share new techniques with the team, and provide SEO education and training to the larger organization.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Comfortable determining, communicating and coaching teams to make data-informed decisions related to customer targeting and contact strategies.
• BA/BS degree required, concentration in Marketing, Engineering and/or quantitative focus a plus.
• 3-5 years of experience in SEO and/or online marketing with a successful track record, either in-house or at an agency/consultancy.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are essential in this role as well as excellent written and verbal skills. Related tasks.
• Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
• Prior experience with interpreting data sets in Excel or similar applications to generate reports which provide insights & conclusions.
• Ability to execute on multiple projects while closely measuring the impact of each project and changing course when needed.
• Strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills required.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile and management skills with minimum of 1 year of experience managing direct reports.
• Experience with BrightEdge or other SEO reporting tools preferred.
• Highly analytical in nature; experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics preferred.
• Track record of successfully implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and revenue. This position will drive the SEO strategy for Apparel-related pages, evangelize SEO across the organization and work cross-functionally with multiple teams to ensure success.
• Strong people leadership experience.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.