San Francisco - California
Date Posted: May. 13, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14339Apply
We are looking for a highly motivated business advocate to join our team of passionate thinkers and problem solvers. You will be directly responsible for aligning business priorities, utilizing analytics as the voice of the customer and knowledge of competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. A successful candidate will have passion for merchandising and partnering with product to bring new ideas into the customer journey. You will collaborate with cross-functional business and product management leaders to drive business priorities and influence strategy. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience defining content management strategy, planning and executing a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising tactics and strong partnerships. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Act as key contact and advocate for Site Merchandising business objectives, ensuring that new system and workflow initiatives meet these needs and represent the digital customer vision.
• Build trusting cross-functional relationships with Digital Merchants, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Internal Site Merchandising partners.
• Attend project ideation and planning meetings to consult on new site experiences, representing Site Merchandising, Buying system and process needs, helping to drive the prioritization of enhancements accordingly.
• Lead alignment of business priorities through development of rolling backlog. Ability to prioritize business backlog using key metrics of customer satisfaction, conversion & revenue and your strategic problem-solving skills to guide business priorities.
• Ensure that your business partners feel involved and informed at all times through transparent communication.
• Leverage internal experimentation team to A/B test business priorities for scalability .
• Be a champion for the business and user experience.
• Be the subject matter expert on competitive landscapes.
• Creative, collaborative and team-oriented with the ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in Digital Merchandising or/and retail experience preferred.
• Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Proficient in using Web Content Management Systems.
• Passion for creating process and workflow efficiencies.
• Ability to negotiate and influence peers and members of cross-functional teams.
• Adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent ability to tell a story.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.