San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Mar. 14, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14185Apply
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and training for cross-functional movement to further their careers. For example, Buyers can move to Planning and vice versa, or Online Merchants move to Marketing Analytics. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace.
A UI Architect is a senior technologist who designs and supports the implementation of the presentation architecture for a suite of systems or domains on our customer facing web site. Their primary areas of focus are to ensure alignment of that architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction. In addition, this individual will provide guidance in improving the developer experience for those working on customer facing web site while working closely with others in the UI Architect group, Technical Leads, Application Architects, Software Developers and Management in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Collaborate with delivery teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices.
• Partner with other UI Architects to continue to drive the development of a modern user interface layer.
• Document decisions and standards and ensure they are effectively implemented by the development teams and understood by technology partners.
• Continuously evaluate, design, and improve the software development and delivery processes with a deep focus on improving quality and time to market.
• Provide technical guidance to both local and remote development teams as required.
• Provide technical oversight and perform code reviews for multiple development efforts.
• Guide a team of developers to address the highest of the identified production concerns
• Promote cross team synergy and alignment to optimize code-sharing, improve site performance and increase speed to market.
• Work with the Product Management teams to understand customer performance expectations and to set testing criteria to meet or achieve these standards as future versions are released.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 6 years experience.
• 7+ years’ experience in the design, development and use of component based UI architectures. Additional consideration for experience working with high volume E-Commerce websites.
• Knowledge of worker threads, the render tree / object models the critical rendering path / pixel pipeline.
• Advanced knowledge of unit testing best practices and continuous integration processes.
• Experience in developing and deploying applications leveraging Vue.js or React.
• Demonstrable understanding of component-based architectures.
• Understanding of the discrete nature of various request types.
• Expert level understanding of Webpack, bundle analysis, and bundling optimization techniques.
• Understanding of full life cycle software development.
• Ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
• Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools and methodology to support the needs of the business.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.