San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Mar. 13, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14167Apply
Macys.com is the digital arm of Macy’s Inc, helping to make shopping easier for our customers by providing a top notch online experience. With offices in both New York and San Francisco, Macys.com combines the excitement and innovative approaches of a startup with the stability and support of a well-known national brand. Employees at Macys.com have long term opportunities to further their careers. At Macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations.
As part of the UI Development team, you will work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and Quality Engineers amongst others in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll be expected to write high quality, reusable and maintainable code, and write the test cases to validate its quality and performance. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where change is constant. Our Lean development approach will necessitate close communication with others, requiring solid communication and interpersonal skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Design, implement and unit test Web Application code.
• Participate in the full SDLC, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
• A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX.
• An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field and 5 years of professional experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field and 3 years of professional experience.
• 4 + years of experience with jQuery.
• 2+ years of experience with Backbone or similar MV* framework.
• Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
• Strong understanding of source control, and familiarity with Git.
• 2+ years of experience with templating paradigms such as Mustache, Handlebars.
• Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
• Strong understanding of design patterns: Object-oriented development, client-side MVC.
• Strong UI, design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with Node.js – is a plus.
• Familiarity with server side technologies like JSP, Java, and Java Servlets (or similar server generation technologies) – is a plus.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.