Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Mar. 13, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14152Apply
At Macy’s our Directors of Product Management define a product vision that allows Macy’s customers to shop seamlessly and easily across channels. He/She develops and manages a team of product managers that build the vision, drive opportunity assessments, facilitate Macy’s Agile delivery and evaluate and prioritize product roadmap and features to optimize ROI and deliver a superior customer experience. Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will have proven Product and functional experience in implementing and improving Supply Chain solutions across several of the areas listed below:
Warehouse Management (ST, BT, d2C, Off-Price, Hold and Flow)
• Transportation Management
• Freight Management
• Route Optimization
• Yard Management
• Trailer Management
• RTV (Return to Vendors)
• CRC (Central Returns Centers)
• Liquidation Website
Supplier Relationship Management
Merchandising Movements (MMS) (with merchandising)
A key objective for the role is driving the transition of experienced Business Analysts into Product Management and Agile leaders along with a leader/partner role in transitioning this delivery area to Macy’s Agile. Therefore, experience with Product Management and Agile transformations is highly desired.
Your passion about building great products and solving customer and business problems is a key for your success in this role!
• The Director of Product Management’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Product Capability Oversight:
• Drive product modernization efforts across our Supply Chain (including influencing upstream and downstream capabilities such as Merchandising, Finance, Store Operations, etc.) through competitive analysis and bringing industry best practices and external thinking to our Supply Chain strategies and roadmaps.
• Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
• Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer.
• Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
• Identify high-value opportunities and work with user experience and engineering to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers; championing ideas and initiatives on behalf of your team.
• Champion a point-of-view to leadership teams, articulating he relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
• Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering.
• Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
• Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
People Leadership and Functional/Organizational Development:
• Lead Product Management efforts in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity.
• Support senior leadership and the technology organization in ongoing change management, improving product management, product development, and project management practices.
• Coach Product Managers as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources; facilitating feedback in a way that promotes learning and future success.
• Inspire and empower Product Managers, each responsible for defining and delivering the Supply Chain product capability roadmap.
• Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives, building upon experience and passions to realize talent potential.
• Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
• Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
• Develop and nurture a growth mindset around the evolution of your team through active mentoring and coaching.
• Hiring, retention, and succession planning.
Executive Stakeholder Management:
• Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear, comprehensive opportunity assessments and business requirements.
• Present to senior management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
• Ensure that all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of product status from concept through launch.
• Communicate key product metrics to executive leadership team.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management.
• Represent product management in cross-functional business initiatives, defining and communicating our product priorities and roadmap.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 8 -10 years of experience in Supply Chain product management.
• Product Management and Agile transformation experience is highly desired.
• Management consulting desired, but not required.
• 3-5 years of experience managing direct reports.
• Experience managing indirect teams.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrable written and verbal communication and presentation skills, good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• Ability to define technical objectives & achieve planned results by decisions and actions that are based on professional methods, best practices and practical experience.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.