Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Mar. 12, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14125Apply
The Senior Director is responsible for providing strategic and technology leadership for Warehouse Management, Distribution, Transportation, Reverse Logistics and Liquidation platforms and solutions. This position is responsible for collaborating with business partners within Macy’s Technology, Macy’s Product Organization, Macy’s Supply Chain organization and various other teams to create/socialize/get buy-in on the strategic vision for these areas. The position will drive the development of technology and system solutions to address business needs, and manage all resources. The successful candidate would have demonstrated deep domain knowledge in Retail, Omni-Commerce, Digital and Supply Chain including staying abreast with industry and competitive trends. In addition, clear appreciation of future technology trends and proven track record of innovation is required. Drive product modernization efforts across our Supply Chain (including influencing upstream and downstream capabilities such as Merchandising, Finance, Store Operations, etc.) through competitive analysis and bringing industry best practices and external thinking to our Supply Chain strategies and roadmaps. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Works with Macy's business partners to identify opportunities to improve sales, margin or profit through technology-based solutions.
• Provide superior and integrated technological leadership to the business organizations to ensure the applications and systems meet business goals.
• Stay abreast of emerging trends in retail industry, technology and software development practices, in order to develop appropriate solutions.
• Integrate purchased applications, as well as design and develop software that can meet the ongoing needs of the business.
• Monitor progress of multiple major projects and tasks; redistribute resources where appropriate.
• Manage current applications and development initiatives to focus on usability, reliability, stability, and quality.
• Deliver major projects on time and on budget.
• Revise system development plans as necessitated by rapidly changing business needs and requirements.
• Maintain partnerships within Macy’s Tech to coordinate projects, interface system opportunities and leverage common re-usable services and middleware connectivity.
• Plan and manage expense and capital budgets.
• Insure that the organizational structure is efficiently planned and competently staffed.
• Develop staff by providing feedback, conducting performance evaluations, supporting career and development plans, as well as coaching and mentoring. Ensure that specific, measurable work goals are established and monitored for all members of the business unit.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Final authority in decisions involving the execution of strategic plans in this space. Final authority on timeliness and deliverables of projects.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required, Master’s Degree/MBA preferred.
• 15+ years of experience in software engineering, engineering management, and delivering large-scale transformation initiatives in retail required.
• Specific experience with Warehouse Management, Distribution, Transportation, Reverse Logistics and Liquidation platforms is required.
• Executive leadership experience in managing multiple and large technology initiatives in distributed computing environments.
• Experience managing expense and capital budgets in the range of $10's of million and up is important.
• Experience in directing large teams in project management and implementation of IT strategies, as well as experience in working with senior technology and business leaders.
• Experience in cloud technologies with proven track record of migrating legacy on premise applications into the cloud is desired.
• Experience in industry leading supply chain package solutions such as JDA, Manhattan, SAP, Oracle is desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing,
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and who is able to communicate to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff. Collaborates and engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives.
• Results as well as detail oriented with excellent organizational skills while being engaging and collaborative.
• Able to think both operationally and strategically, will have strong analytical skills and be able to process disparate data and information into a cohesive and responsive action plan.
• The ability to gain acceptance and win the confidence and cooperation of business partners is critical.
• Ability to influence others through professional persuasion and negotiation. Creates a culture of motivation, positive energy and the ability to recognize, develop, and empower diverse talent.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.