Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Mar. 04, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC14007Apply
Macys Tech is looking for a Senior Architect to work on Store Operations systems. Our systems manage the Store execution tasks such as Store Fulfillment, Buy Online Ship to Store, Buy Online Pickup in Store, RFID-enabled inventory accuracy and replenishment, and Electronic signage. We integrate with various upstream and downstream processes like order management, location services, and enterprise transaction data. We are expanding our capabilities, technologies, and improving our speed to market.
A Senior Architect is a senior technologist who designs and implements application architecture and owns the application strategies and roadmap for a suite of systems or multiple domains. Their primary areas of focus are core development, design and direction of application architecture and alignment of architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction. The Senior Architect will partner with other architects and technology decision-makers to guide overall direction of the Store Operations systems. He/she will work closely with Technical Leads, Application Architects, Software Developers and Management in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead the architecture development and collaborate with delivery teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to architectural standards and best practices.
• Partner with other Architects to continue to define and capture software architecture for systems and/or components.
• Document standards and ensure they are effectively implemented by the development teams and understood by technology partners.
• Design and develop proof of concept prototypes for advanced features and designs.
• Provide technical guidance to both local and remote development teams as required.
• Continuously evaluate design and improve the software development and delivery processes with a deep focus on enterprise systems optimization techniques.
• Providing suggestions for improvement in Development or Testing practices to lead to increased performance of the application.
• Provide technical oversight and perform code reviews for multiple development efforts.
• Guide a team of developers to address the highest of the identified production concerns.
• Promote cross team synergy and alignment to optimize code-sharing, improve performance and increase speed to market.
• Discuss with Engineering Management on strategic directions/decisions.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years of related experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 6 years of related experience.
2-3+ years of web/mobile design experience, plus 5+ years’ experience as an Architect in implementing business critical, high volume and highly available enterprise systems, web services, and event-driven applications.
• Deep technical understanding of Java/J2EE, Spring, REST, Hibernate, JMS, Kafka, Cloud/Microservices, Caching, Security, Distributed Processing.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
• Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of Product Engineering and Product Management.
• Strong leadership skills with emphasis on influencing and engagement of cross functional teams.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong understanding of approaches and techniques to optimize enterprise systems.
• Understanding of full life cycle software development with Agile and Lean Startup methodologies.
• Demonstrable knowledge of large scale application architectures.
• Advanced knowledge of unit testing best practices and Continuous Integration processes.
• Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools and methodology to support the needs of the business.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.