We are looking for an experienced technical lead to help us build awesome iOS apps (for Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s) that integrate with our services platform. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in iOS design and development, with several apps in the Apple iTunes AppStore. At Macy’s Technology it is not only to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead and mentor a team of iOS developers in conjunction with engineering management.
- Own technical responsibility for important pieces of the product that have high visibility both internally and externally.
- Ship quality software quickly and frequently.
- Architect and design features for iOS apps.
- Effectively communicate mobile application architecture and design to team and organization.
- Identify and evaluate internal / external technology (vendors, frameworks/APIs) to integrate with mobile applications.
- Estimate and size app features and modules.
- Prototype, develop, code, install, test and debug applications using appropriate tools as an individual contributor.
- Build applications in memory and network-constrained scenarios.
- Review and approve software design and code produced by team members.
- Represent the team in architectural and technical discussions with other engineering teams.
- Work closely with product managers, QA and technical leads from partner teams to define features and components of native mobile applications.
- Partner closely with our design and product team to architect gorgeous application flows that are intuitive for our users.
- Influence iOS development process for API creation, design, and product.
- Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Passionate, Persistent and Creative - you find clever solutions to problems.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 5+ years of related or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years architecting, designing and developing iOS Applications.
- 10+ years of Experience in software development with a strong command of object oriented principles.
- Experience releasing multiple applications into the App Store.
- Released at least one app participating from inception to launch.
- Strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Deep understanding of iOS Platform and associated tool chain.
- Excellent knowledge of Swift 3/4, Objective-C, Xcode and Interface Builder.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends.
- Experience leading iOS developers.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Excellent presentation skills to present ideas and work to the team and organization.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.