San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 25, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13924Apply
We’re currently making substantial investments in our technology platform to define a set of common and shared services that will drive speed to market, reduce technology fragmentation while enabling us to quickly and easily adhere to compliance needs. To make these endeavors possible, we are seeking a Senior Product manager for checkout common services. This role requires someone that will thrive in environments that are dynamic, action-oriented, data-driven and relish in conquering diverse challenges every single day,
It is important that you have an understanding of the technology, market and competitors in the cloud space along with knowledge of common micro service architecture and protocols (HTTP, REST & JSON) You will be responsible for working with the enterprise architect teams and technical partners to help drive requirements and product vision so technical acumen and domain expertise will be needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
What you can expect from us:
• Highly engaged team with a start-up environment where you can roll-up your sleeves and work collaboratively with engineers, designers and other cross-functional partners
• You’ll be part of an agile, dynamic and multicultural team with colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through ongoing feedback and recognition.
• Personal development through individual trainings, language courses, and workshops
• We offer competitive pay and benefits in a caring and service-oriented work environment.
• Goal-driven with expertise in using analytics, metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure progress.
• Track record of completing medium to large-scale projects from initiation to delivery
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities: You are comfortable talking about the technical aspects of your product, and are able convey a vision that engineering team can get behind.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team
• You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and drive to make the vision a reality.
• With an attention to details, you understand the necessity to include research, validation, and prioritizing requirements, documenting ecosystem and product requirements, and evangelizing internally.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
• 4+ years Product Management experience.
• You have a basic understanding of cloud architecture and fundamentals of defining scalable multitenant systems and micro services based architectures.
• Experience and understanding of web application development, UI/UX, App development, micro services, web services and technologies like JSON, REST, SQL, NOSQL, messaging (Pub/Sub and Queue).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Opinionated about what great APIs and developer experiences should be.
• Data analysis skills, including being able to write queries and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.