Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Feb. 19, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13857Apply
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
The Manager, Reliability Engineering at Macy’s Technology reports to the Director, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading this function’s technical direction.
The Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department’s management, project teams, Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of reliability engineering techniques and best practices on GCP cloud platform. Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership to support major initiatives across the enterprise. Evangelize the use of reliability engineering best practices to business application development across the portfolio. Build and lead high performing reliability engineering team for omni channel applications and services speed and scale. Drive innovation in both technology and process. Inspire the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment.
We manage millions of orders from Macys.com, Bloomingdales.com, Mobile Apps, more than 500 stores, and Call Centers. We integrate with various downstream processes like customer communications, warehousing, provisioning, shipping, credit services, 3rd party partners. We are expanding our capabilities, cloud technologies, and improving our speed to market. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attracts, develops and retains top talent to build a high quality team.
• Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers.
• Writes custom code, tools or scripts for infrastructure or observability automation.
• Works with vendors and partners for the successful implementation of critical tooling and platforms.
• Defines and helps implement observability, traceability, metrics and logging best practices to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively, contributes to enterprise-wide tools as appropriate.
• Collaborates across teams to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
• Evaluates new technologies for adoption across the enterprise.
• Provides application support for software running in production.
• Evolve platform maturity in reliability, automation, operations, stability, and support.
• Lead the implementation of application services, frameworks, automations, and infrastructure that the departments, teams and their projects depend upon, throughout their lifecycle.
• Share knowledge and best practices back to the enterprise through case studies, standards and best practice publications, presentations, newsletters, and town hall meetings.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of relevant tools.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Decides and prioritizes the deliverables of platform components, participates and recommends the technical direction of the platform, and influences how project teams in departments develop and support dependent applications.
• Make management decisions, as well as make recommendations for advancement and promotions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Master's Degree preferred.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent prioritization and negotiation skills, capable of managing multiple streams of work in parallel with aggressive timelines.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and leadership capabilities, and have solid track record of leading engineering team and delivering enterprise class products. Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field.
• Deep technical understanding of reliability engineering concepts.
• Mastery of a modern language (preferably Java, Python, Go).
• Mastery of modern product development processes and pipelines. Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques. Proficient in effective system monitoring and log analysis techniques.
• Must have worked in DevOps and Reliability Engineering role for 5+ years.
• Knowledge of reliability engineering for technology includes but not limited to: GCP cloud platform, Java/J2EE, Tibco BW/BE/EMS, Active Spaces, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, Tomcat, JBoss, stream processing, RDBMS, NoSQL databases, In-memory databases, ODS, distributed processing.
• Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information of the platform in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
• Must have excellent presentation skills to wide spectrum of audience types (Sr. Executives to Technical Architects and Developers).
• Strong technical aptitude, along with analytical skills.
• Advanced statistical knowledge, including experience with application of statistic to predictive analytics, probabilistic modeling, and unstructured text analysis.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.