Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Feb. 13, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13806Apply
The Macy’s Pricing Domain will build enterprise, integrated, scalable pricing solutions that support Markdown and Point of Sales Optimization along with competitive and dynamic pricing across all channels (Stores, .COM and Mobile). Members of our team will utilize cutting edge technologies (Cloud, Java, Microservices) and data techniques to discover solutions and build from the ground up, driving results that produce tangible impact. Teams will complete work utilizing lean delivery methodologies, and will partner closely with Product Management, Architecture, and Pricing Strategy teams. This team will focus on enabling a new cloud solution, building new database structures/schema and a pricing rules engine, as well as create all enterprise pricing common services to provide accurate pricing data and history.
We are looking a Sr. Software Engineer who have passion to build new robust software, deploy in cloud and is responsible for providing solutions for wide array of problems in pricing common services. The role involves building cutting edge solutions using modern technology and frameworks including Spring Boot, React and Google Cloud. A successful candidate must have the expertise to translate business requirements into well engineered cloud applications systems on Google Cloud. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements, design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation.
This position will be responsible for the development, deployment automation and support of applications for a specific area, leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems. This position will work closely with Jr. Software Engineers, Technical Leads, and Management in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to the architecture of our new software platform (scalability, security, stability, availability).
• Write code to implement microservices that deploy to cloud infrastructure and scale to millions of requests per day.
• Partners with team to drive resolution and process improvements to further minimize impact to our production environment and support business partners. Documents all key processes to further drive performance.
• Work closely with the business partners, business analysts on the team to develop code and deliver technical solutions adhering to business requirements.
• Monitor the application for operating efficiency and performance stability in order to provide (or arrange) proactive maintenance.
• Flexibility to work across all functions/levels as part of a dynamic team.
• Stay current and help select and implement modern technologies.
• Share knowledge and champion best practices.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years’ experience of software designing and developing web and enterprise applications using Java/J2EE.
• 2+ years building RESTful APIs, microservices.
• 2+ years with NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB), horizontal scaling, eventual consistency.
• 1+ years with cloud computing on major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure).
• 3+ years in mature agile, automated environments w/ Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD).
• Experience in Graph/hierarchical databases like Neo4J is preferred.
• Metrics-oriented, and concerned about testing throughput, latency, security, & other non-functional requirements.
• Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, CORS, JWT, etc.).
• Experience debugging and troubleshooting multi-threaded code in distributed systems.
• Extensive knowledge of open source Java frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot, Spring Cloud).
• Demonstrated ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
• Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of Product Engineering and Product Management.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.