San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 08, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13757Apply
The Director of Site Merchandising is responsible for managing a team to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection of products on Macys.com team to optimize on line events to drive sales and profitability, and to execute, analyze and audit content on the web site. This person will work closely with colleagues (cross functional teams) to streamline processes to simplify and automate; developing an agile team that thrives on results and reacts to business as needed. Provides direction and leadership around vision, goals, and success metrics by facilitating the prioritization of work efforts; optimizing and evolving team structure and workload; creating and managing implementing key performance indicators (KPIs) and standards; demonstrating a deep understanding of business objectives; defining site business strategies to meet business objectives then translating business strategies into clear actionable steps. This person needs to be highly analytical, organized, and possess great communication and presentation skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Leads and supervises a team to optimize shopping experience throughout site for all devices and experience.
• Develop an Agile Team – Ability to react with solutions for success.
• Foster career development – train, motivate and develop team members for continued growth for the entire team.
• Develop presentations and present at team meetings.
• Past team management experience preferred.
Drive Business Revenue and Conversion:
• Create and propose strategy to increase revenue, maximize sales opportunities.
• Support the development of new and collaborative merchandising and marketing workflow.
• Understand event business strategy, vision, objective and priorities. Define requirement for success –Establish Best in Class Execution based KPI / ROI.
• Provide governance and ensure implementation of best site experience and seamless execution: promotions, sitewide events, fob events.
• Strategic cross-functional relationships (Digital Merchants, Marketing, Creative Production, Production, and Internal Site Merchandise Partners) to leverage necessary resources in establish Best in class event execution.
• Site analysis and audit: Align data across all customer touch points and devices, Establish best practices across competitive landscape; Facet and browse optimization.
• Manage Sale and Clearance page, Header Fly out, Left Hand Navigation; work with SEO and UX team to develop best practices.
• On Site Search (sitewide)– Optimize and establish best practices.
Innovation and Special Projects:
• Develop automation to improve event and taxonomy processes.
• Work with enhancements and experimentation teams to drive sales / conversion increases.
• Develop & drive Consumer Generated Content strategy, enhancements, and reporting.
• Create CGC strategy that increases Ratings & Reviews coverage, increases vendor engagement, and optimizes and expands Sampling program.
• Own, define and execute Relevancy strategy and roadmap to further test rules driven product placement by area of business.
• Drive enhancements and reporting for rules driven product placements.
• Create Relevancy communication plan for transparency and as leader in the space.
• Create and own Relevancy dashboard defining rules driven product placement tests and revenue driving results.
• Cultivate team work environment.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Ability to make immediate sound decisions and when need able to influence peers and across functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum 7 years of experience in on line merchandising or/and retail experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to present and influence Immediate team and across functions.
• Experience presenting to senior management.
• Effectively train, coach and develop direct reports.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate.
• Analytical data /website metrics into strategy.
• Experience in web analytics tools preferably-Coremetrics.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Ability to work well independently within a multi- functional, multi campus team, action-oriented, creative problem solvers, with a keen understanding or their role in the overall workflow.
• Must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization.
• Ability to maximize the contribution of individual team members.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Comfortable with being “hands-on” to manage tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and E-mail required, web content management system experience preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.