San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 08, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13753Apply
We are looking to hire outstanding individuals to join our team accountable for reliability of Mobile and Security teams. You will be accountable for application support, monitoring, and application security of all our selling channels – web, mobile and digital-in-store and merchandising systems. You will run the Macys and Bloomingdales services that millions of customers use every day on both Cloud and Onprem. You’ll also build and run the operations that powers those services. SRE owns Macys.com application services and operates the full stack underneath them. We’re looking for people who like to solve operational problems using software rather than shell prompts as we scale Macys services for customers around the world. Help us build the Macys experience on a global scale! Perform other duties as assigned.
• Own all aspects of production support engineering, monitoring and security.
• Accountable for Reliability of Mobile and Security for both Macys and Bloomingdales.
• Own the team’s tools, processes, and quality / performance of the work produced.
• Develop measurement criteria and tools to monitor and drive continuous serviceability and process improvements based on SRE principles.
• Communicate regularly with management on team and project status, escalating issues as needed.
• Hands-on support and troubleshooting as needed.
• Off-hour availability for production emergencies to oversee production fixes as needed.
• Recruit, manage and provide hands-on leadership to a team of e-commerce software developers.
• Develop team members with regular coaching, reviews, and overall personnel management.
• Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation.
• Deployment, support and monitoring of existing and new services, platforms, and application stacks.
• Measurement and optimization of Application performance, Capacity planning and management.
• Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward and solve tomorrow’s problems not just today’s.
• Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions that are easily maintainable, understandable, and diagnosable.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 10 plus years of relevant experience including 7 years managing software developers, including recruiting, performance reviews, and career development planning.
• 5+ years of experience supporting world-class e-commerce applications.
• 4+ years of experience with J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC, and SQL.
• 4+ years of experience with SWIFT and Kotlin.
• Deep understanding of GCP Cloud operations including Spanner db/Spinker.
• 4+ years of experience with Application monitoring experience with tools such as Stack driver, Dynatrace, Splunk.
• Deep understanding of web application security – OWASP, WAF, Java security frameworks.
• 2+ years of experience with Security tools like ASM, Akamai WAF, SEIM is a strong plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and recommend solutions to all levels of business, sometimes during high stress situations.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and crisis management skills a must.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.