San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 08, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13751Apply
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production.
Positions in this function interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements and are responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying the required software applications. Solutions utilize a variety of software technologies and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
• Lead or play a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for small to midsize projects, working from functional specifications.
• Direct junior staff in the coding and/or configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
• Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
• Monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance.
• Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system; maintain records to document program development and revisions.
• Provides technical support and leads the effective problem resolution for customer inquiries and to resolve production issues.
• Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior engineers; delegate tasks as appropriate.
• Lead the development phase of small to midsize projects, making work assignments and holding staff accountable.
• Select tools and methodologies for projects.
• Commit to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management.
• modifications to jobs and schedules for jobs in production.
• Facilitate design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs, and offering and incorporating ideas.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a designing, developing / unit testing rest services and web apps using REST, Grails/Spring, Java, JBoss, SQL/Oracle, Java EE (EJBs), JSON.
• Working Knowledge of SQL Queries, Linux Operating system and basic shell scripting is preferred.
• Familiarity with Source control systems (GIT, SVN) and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Udeploy, Chef is preferred.
• Familiarity with back-end technologies, including WebServices, Servers (Tomcat, JBoss), Hibernate, JMS, Messaging.
• Knowledge of TIBCO products like Streambase, EMS, Business Events (BE) or Business Works (BW) is preferred.
• Familiarity with Cassandra, SSIS, Machine Learning, Python, Splunk, Dynatrace is preferred.
• Prior experience with exposure to order state management and Order fulfillment systems is preferred.
• Experience in providing technical analysis to customers / business analysts on proposed solutions, working with the customers, business analysts and other colleagues as appropriate to develop a solution that provides a balance between performance, and customer service.
• Understand architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to read, write, and interpret complex documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Lead the development phase of projects, making work assignments and managing task completion.
• Select tools/methodologies for projects.
• Commit to deliverables for scope of work.
• Modify jobs and schedules for jobs as necessary.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Working with onshore and offshore teams is a plus.
• Must have worked on agile teams.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.