San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 07, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13739Apply
Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented Senior User Experience Researcher to join its User Experience organization to play a key role in shaping the user experience design for Macy’s.com, Macy’s app, and Macy’s retail stores. The Senior User Experience Researcher plays a key role in gaining user insights that will inform the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience researching across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of leading the development and implementation of world class user research studies in a fast paced collaborative team environment, obtaining research findings that solve for business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and advocating research and data to inform the design of user experiences. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Senior User Experience Researcher will mentor User Researchers and guide their efforts to align with Macy’s strategic vision.
This position reports to the Director of User Experience Research. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Plans and conducts user research across channel(s) and domains (business units).
• Effectively collaborates with executives, managers, teams, designers, and stakeholders to identify user research opportunities on user-facing products.
• Partners with other customer data teams (e.g. consumer insights, analytics, etc.) to ensure user research efforts are coordinated with other customer data teams.
• Helps define user success metrics that gauge how well user needs are being met for assigned channel(s) and domain(s).
• Develops and conducts quick, generative and evaluative user research studies, including guerilla usability testing, to gauge business (as measured by KPI’s) and user success (as measured by user success metrics) of user experience designs.
• Invents new and adapts existing research practices as needed, to deliver the insights and knowledge that help teams stay on track and customer focused.
• Quickly synthesizes qualitative and quantitative data to develop a better understanding of our customers, give insight into business/user value, and identify potential customer and business risks.
• Is a highly effective presenter, communicator, and influencer who can bring the voice of the customer to life.
• Be a great storyteller through developing and communicating a deep understanding of Macy’s customers e.g., pain points, journey maps, delightful and challenging moments, etc.
• Helps teams understand customer needs, pain points, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research that can informing both tactical and strategic efforts.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on our customers’ behaviors, needs, and values for assigned channel(s) and domain(s).
• Mentors User Research team and UX Designers on user research methodologies.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Research contributor, tireless advocate of the customer, influence on project implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years user research in all areas of user research (design research, market research, quantitative research) across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaged environment.
• Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
• Must be able to work independently with some supervision.
• Strong research and collaboration skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.