San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 07, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13737Apply
Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented Director of User Experience Design, App to join its Customer Experience organization to play a key leadership role in shaping the user experience design for Macy’s app. The Director of UX Design will be responsible for setting strategic design vision for key initiatives across business units, and will manage of team of UX designers and UX manager(s) to realize Macy’s strategic vision. The Director of UX Design will apply their strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion design solutions that deliver value to Macy’s business and customers. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Leads and manages user experience design vision of the Macy’s app that meets long term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Partners with product management and technology, and develops UX design vision for assigned domains (business units) that aligns to Macy’s overall strategic vision for assigned domains.
• Partners with product management to define strategy success metrics for assigned domains, including business goals and user needs for assigned domains. Partners with user research management to define user success metrics for assigned domains.
• Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design across the company (including your assigned channel, the CX organization, and other organizations), as well as the broader design community (e.g. presenting at conferences, writing articles, teaching, etc.).
• Partners with product management and technology, and ensures that UX design projects for assigned domains are delivered on time, on strategy, and on budget.
• Develops and refines UX design processes that best support strategic alignment, speed, and efficiency of operationalizing user experience design for the assigned domains and the overall UX department.
• Manages UX Managers and UX Designers.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Minimum 10 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores, with at least 5 years managing design teams.
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
• Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development; ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks to staff managers and designers.
• Excellent people management skills, including the ability to attract and retain world class talent, as well as the ability to align resources to business needs while supporting the career development of staff members. Ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
• Exceptional negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate both business-facing and IT technology solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents.
• Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.