San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 04, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13686Apply
The Associate Merchandising Manager is responsible for achieving customer satisfaction by analyzing and auditing content and implementing on line events and campaigns to drive sales and profitability. This person will work closely with peers and cross functional teams to streamline processes to simplify and automate, improve the foundation of the website’s taxonomy, attribution and navigation. This person will analyze data to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection thrives on results and reacts to business as needed. Prioritizes work efforts as needed; defining site business strategies to meet business objectives then translating business strategies into clear actionable steps. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Assist in developing and managing site merchandising team.
• Maintain relationships with NY colleagues and business partners
• Manage top volume business categories in assigned family of business.
Site Analysis and Audit:
• Alignment of data across all customer touch points and devices, Establish best practices across competitive landscape; Facet and browse optimization.
• Taxonomy Optimization: Manage Header Fly out, Left Hand Navigation; work with SEO and UX team to develop best practices.
• Product Detail Page Optimization, Page layout, Images, Standardize Copy.
• Execute merch approvals, tagging. Partner with Vendor and Digital to onboard new product to the site and streamlining attribution to features and benefits.
On Site Search:
• Optimize and establish best practices, Execute merch approvals as needed.
Drive On- line Sales Performance:
• Maximize online events to increase sales , conversion and profit performance.
• Understand event business strategy, vision, objective and priorities. Define requirement for success –Establish Best in Class Execution based KPI / ROI.
• Strategic cross-functional relationships (Digital Merchants, Marketing, Production, and Internal Site Merchandise Partners) to leverage necessary resources in establish Best in class execution.
• React to Business for immediate results.
Innovation and Improved Customer Experience:
• Innovate to Simplify and Automate to increase event work process or/and operational efficiencies.
• Seek out opportunities to grow the business by improving the customer shopping experience.
• AB Testing to continue to drive sales / conversion increases.
Event/Campaign Merchandising and Implementation:
• Ensure Implementation of best site experience and seamless execution:, sitewide events and promotions , fob events and campaigns.
• Hands On Execution . Collaborate with partners to ensure performance and success.
• Reduction of Preview/live site issues.
• Partner and present with internal (DBS, DBE, Event) and external teams on set up and execution of strategies.
• Other specific duties as assigned / needed for the FOB.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Participates in the decision-making process; provides recommendations on site strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3 years online merchandising experience (required).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Analytical and data driven capabilities.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization, and have a sense of urgency to react to business needs.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.