San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Feb. 04, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13679Apply
The Senior Product Manager position will interface directly with all levels of macys.com and will be instrumental in bringing new features and functionality within the Macy’s mobile app to serve our best and most loyal customers. The responsibilities of the Senior Product Manager include both ensuring an exceptional external customer experience as shoppers interact with our merchandise, as well as the internal tools and processes that support this experience. A Senior Product Manager combines a strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion solutions that deliver value for macys.com. A Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing opportunity assessments, overseeing the development of design solutions, and advocating concepts with internal business groups. Finally, this role is responsible for interfacing with the Macys.com Technology group over a period of months to bring products to life. A Senior Product Manager is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development. Strong candidates should possess a proven track record of leading and developing teams, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using data to drive decision-making. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead and develops feature definitions, detailed requirements, business process changes, internal communications, and implementation plans
• Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
• directly support primary objectives of the project
• are appropriate in size for iterative development
• include clear and specific acceptance criteria
• take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
• Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs
• Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications.
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
• Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team. Partners with macys.com user experience team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals.
• Present and secures approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
• Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
• Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
• Be recognized as an expert across the division – someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of macys.com.
• Champion new initiatives to leadership team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Exercises sound judgment in terms of keeping his/her supervisor abreast of progress and asks for timely assistance/guidance as need on addressing blockers/concerns.
• College degree required.
• 6-9 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: product management, product marketing, business development, management consulting, program management.
• Strong eCommerce background with experience in building mobile experiences for mobile applications (both iOS and Android) is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Able to communicate and collaborate well with technical teams is important.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills.
• Is able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Proactively anticipates/ identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.