Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Jan. 17, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13513Apply
We are looking for an Software Engineer, IOS to help us build awesome iOS apps that integrate with our services platform. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in iOS design and development, with one or more apps in the Apple iTunes AppStore.
At Macys.com it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for working on different layers of the iOS apps.
• Help architect and maintain our set of native mobile applications.
• Partner closely with our design and product team to architect a gorgeous application flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our users.
• Building applications in memory- and network-constrained scenarios.
• Influence every aspect of the iOS development process from API creation, design, and product.
• Own important pieces of the product that has high visibility both internally and externally.
• Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical.
• Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of Experience in software development with a strong command of object oriented principles.
• Experience releasing at least one application into the App Store.
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Deep understanding of iOS UX and UI design paradigms.
• In-depth knowledge of Objective-C, XCode, UIKit and Interface Builder.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
• Experience integrating with RESTful API backends.
• Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.