Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Jan. 14, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13469Apply
A Development Tech Lead is a hands-on technical lead who is comfortable coding 70% of his day while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. A development tech lead will need to have strong Java, REST, Test Frameworks, CI/CD Pipeline and SDLC experience and be hands-on as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with cross functional teams in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Own the core development team and deliverables.
• Own development team’s tools, processes, and quality / performance of the work produced by the team.
• Work in a full Agile/Lean collaborative environment - including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Collaborate with Product and Project Managers to provide estimates and status updates to stakeholders and executives.
• Work with team and other organizational partners to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
• Own the relationships with key supporting teams.
• Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
• Hands-on system design and development as needed.
• Hands-on mentoring of the team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years as a technical lead in a web environment.
• 8+ years full life cycle development J2EE or UI project and development experience.
• 2+ years experience architecting and implementing online search. Solr and Lucene hands on experience preferred.
• Experience in NLP and Elastic Search preferred.
• Experience or passion for NoSQL technologies.
• Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
• Experience working on highly scalable web applications.
• Experience with UML diagramming is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong estimating and planning skills.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.