Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Dec. 20, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC13230Apply
The Macy’s Pricing Domain will build enterprise, integrated, scalable pricing solutions that support Markdown and Point of Sales Optimization along with competitive and dynamic pricing across all channels (Stores, .COM and Mobile). Members of our team will utilize cutting edge technologies (Cloud, Java, Microservices) and data techniques to discover solutions and build from the ground up, driving results that produce tangible impact. Teams will complete work utilizing lean delivery methodologies, and will partner closely with Product Management, Architecture, and Pricing Strategy teams. This team will focus on enabling a new cloud solution, building new database structures/schema and a pricing rules engine, and creating all enterprise pricing common services to provide accurate pricing data and history.
We are looking a Software Engineer who have passion to build new robust software, deploy in cloud and is responsible for providing solutions for wide array of problems in pricing common services. The role involves building cutting edge solutions using modern technology and frameworks including Spring Boot, React and Google Cloud. A successful candidate must have the expertise to translate business requirements into well engineered cloud applications systems on Google Cloud. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements and design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation.
This position will be responsible for the development, deployment automation, and support of applications for a specific area, leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems. This position will work closely with Jr. Software Engineers, Technical Leads, and Management in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
• Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
• Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
• Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
• Monitor the application for operating efficiency and performance stability in order to provide (or arrange) proactive maintenance.
• Lead and proposed a solution to complex application issues.
• Serve as a coach and mentor to less experience developers and delegate tasks as appropriate.
• Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
• Flexibility to work across all functions/levels as part of a dynamic team.
Support the evaluation and recommendation of new technical directions and approaches to management.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering preferred and 2+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expertise to develop well-engineered cloud application systems on Google Cloud, Azure or AWS STRONGLY preferred.
• Deep technical understanding of Java/J2EE, Spring, REST, Hibernate, JAXB and JMS.
• 2-3 years of “hands-on” experience with Java Enterprise and Java application servers.
• 1-2 years of “hands-on” experience with Microservices and Messaging Layer.
• In-depth knowledge of event-driven architecture (EDA) and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
• Technical understanding of the technologies in the enterprise systems; includes (but not limited to) Java/Springboot, React/Angular, Cloud/Microservices, Caching, Secure Development Lifecycle, Distributed Processing.
• Experience in CI/CD, DevOps process and tools, and Containerization (Kubernetes).
• Experience utilizing APM tools (Dynatrace/AppD, etc.).
• Retail Pricing experience strongly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
• Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of Product Engineering and Product Management.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Understanding of full life cycle software development with Agile and Lean Startup methodologies.
• Knowledge of Unit Testing best practices and Continuous Integration processes.
• Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools and methodology to support the needs of the business.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.