San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Dec. 19, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC13208Apply
The Assistant Merchandising Manager is responsible for achieving customer satisfaction by analyzing and auditing content on Macys.com. Their primary objective is to improve the foundation of the website’s taxonomy and navigation, work on attribution of products, and analyze data to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection. The Assistant will help to onboard product, perform site maintenance, optimize search, maximize vendor assets, and use analytics to drive sales and conversion. This position will require leading and joining regular calls with vendors, merchants and other business partners. It will also require a highly analytical and organized person who possesses great communication and presentation skills. Cross functional partners will include merchants, vendors, SEO, SEM, UX, Business Intelligence and Site Merchandising Event & Marketing teams. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Site analysis and audit: Alignment of data across all customer touch points and devices, Establish best practices across competitive landscape; Facet and browse optimization.
• Taxonomy Optimization: Manage Header Fly out, Left Hand Navigation; work with SEO and UX team to develop best practices.
• Attribution: Execute merch approvals, tagging. Partner with Vendor Direct and Digital Merchants to onboard new product to the site and update attribution to features and benefits.
• Product Detail Page Optimization, Page layout, Images, Standardize Copy.
• On Site Search – Optimize and establish best practices, Execute merch approvals as needed.
• Partner and present with internal (DBS, DBE, Event) and external teams on set up and execution of strategies.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3 years online merchandising experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization, and have a sense of urgency to react to business needs.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Participates in the decision-making process; provides recommendations on site strategy.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.