San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC13142Apply
The Data Visualization Team at Macy’s, Inc. in San Francisco is seeking a Senior Data Visualization Developer to join us. You’ll work directly with business and technology teams to develop deep dive analytical products that empower users to drive business objectives. This position will give you invaluable direct experience leading within a team that is using the most exciting new technologies and practices in the fast paced and competitive world of data science and analytics. Qualified candidates should be creative, methodical in their approach to problem solving, and be able to design and apply analytical frameworks. Applicants should have multiple years of experience solving complex business problems using Tableau or a comparable visualization tool in combination with a number of backend systems.
• Build compelling, robust, and effective interactive dashboards that answer key business questions.
• Subject Matter Expertise in integrating visualization tools with various database technologies such as Hadoop, Vertica, SQL Server, and others.
• Ability to work with data engineers to design data models that ensure peak performance of dashboards.
• Meet directly with business users to understand reporting requirements and translate them to actionable visualization tools.
• Desire to innovate by continuously researching new technologies/techniques related to analytics and applying them to solve our current business and technical challenges.
• Mentor newer Tableau developers. Conduct group and one-on-one training sessions with more junior Tableau users.
• Develop and maintain reporting standards and best practices for data visualization as well as evangelize or enforce them when appropriate.
• Work with the Tableau Admin team to ensure the stability and performance of the Tableau Server ecosystem.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or a social science field with a quantitative emphasis.
• 4+ years’ experience in an analytical role.
• 3+ years’ experience with Tableau or other comparable BI/Visualization Tool.
• Experience in data analysis with an emphasis in retail, marketing, e-commerce, internet advertising, SEO or SEM.
• Workable knowledge of SQL.
• Direct experience using Tableau preferred. Tableau Desktop certification (Qualified Associate or Certified Professional) with fewer years of experience is an equivalent qualification.
• Experience using Tableau Server and/or Tableau Server Qualified Associate certification preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and data engineering experience in a Hadoop environment preferred.
• Engaged in the broader data science and analytics community through attending events and/or blogging is encouraged.
• Experience using Power BI would be a helpful qualification.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• People leadership experience.
• SCRUM / Agile experience preferred.
• Must be experienced with framing and attempting to solve analytical questions using data in order to further organizational goals.
• Should be both technical and design oriented: you have experience working with data and you understand why color matters.
• Should understand how to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, such as data architects and business leaders. You can modify your message according to your audience.
• Should be confident presenting your work to small and large audiences.
• Able to give and take critical feedback to improve the overall quality of our team’s work.
• Have a demonstrated commitment to innovation.
• A self-starter, driven, and accountable.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Should desire to be an analytics leader within Macy’s, Inc.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.