Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Nov. 30, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC13088Apply
Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented Senior UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to play a key role in shaping the user experience design for Macy’s.com, Macy’s app, and Macy’s retail stores. The Senior UX Designer plays a key role in realizing Macy’s strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Senior UX Designer will mentor UX Designers and Associate UX Designers, and guide their efforts to align with Macy’s strategic vision. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
• Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
• Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
• Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system.
• Mentors domain team user experience designers.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
• Minimum 5 years UX/UI design experience across enterprise level applications, consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Highly knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
• Strong ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
• Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer oriented user experience design solutions for complex problems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to influence and cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the organization.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual UX design skills.
• Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Solid negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
• Solid time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.