Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Jan. 28, 2019
Requisition ID: MAC13067Apply
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
A successful candidate must have proven experience as a data driven Product Manager working with cross functional teams including Engineering and Operations.
Analytical thinker who can think outside the box on collecting and documenting business requirements that drive the design of business systems solutions. May also participate in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment, leading business process redesign, acclimating business processes to changes in technology and consulting with the customer on how to best support the business through the effective use of technology.
Possesses advanced expertise in a wide range of tools for process analysis and requirements development and documentation, and the proven ability to add value to multiple areas of the business by supporting the most complex (large work type 2 and work type 3) projects that typically involve multiple systems, new technologies, and multiple stakeholders who may have competing and/or conflicting needs.
We manage millions of orders from Macys.com, Bloomingdales.com, Mobile Apps, more than 500 stores, and Call Centers. We integrate with various downstream processes like customer communications, warehousing, provisioning, shipping, credit services, 3rd party partners.
We are expanding our capabilities, cloud technologies, and improving our speed to market. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Leads business analysis for the most complex projects that may impact multiple business areas, address complex processes, involve significant process analysis and redesign, entail significant business risk, apply new technologies and involve the integration of multiple systems.
• Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information. Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
• Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product changes.
• Develops Financial Model to prove the feasibility of idea.
• Identifies which tools/techniques are appropriate to lead the team through the process of understanding a business issue/need, how it is currently handled, and how it should be handled in the future.
• Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating call results.
• Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product performance forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
• Brings new products to visibility by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with development team.
• Introduces and markets new products internally by developing time-integrated plans with Technology, Operations, and Business.
• Able to identify applicable practices and recommends new directions to management as appropriate.
• Transform major business change initiatives into strategic level systems solutions.
• Diagnose most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the business.
• Processes and anticipating implementation obstacles.
• Assist users to clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future technology needs.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Master's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology, or related field would be a plus.
• Experience in Industry leading Logistics products like Infor, JDA, Manhattan , experience with transportation and /or logistics business.
• Proven Product Management experience in a Retail / Manufacturing industry
Proficiency in SQL.
• Business process flows supporting direct to consumer warehouses, sortation systems and waving.
• Experience business analysis tools, JIRA or equivalent Agile tool and techniques available in the marketplace.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents and drive product backlogs.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Solid analytical and decision-making skills (e.g. Able to choose project tools from an established list and able to select appropriate procedures to address technical challenges).
• Able to work independently with minimal direction.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
Domain specific experience:
• APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER
• REVERSE LOGISTICS
• Fleet Management
• Freight Management
• Transportation Management
• Route Management
• Schedule Management
• Vendor Onboarding
• Yard Management
• CROSS DOCKING
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.