San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Nov. 28, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC13057Apply
CRM Marketing Systems team is responsible for delivering and supporting Omni channel marketing solutions and analytics.
The Senior Systems Analyst will be an important link between business users, technology, and other contributors and point of contact for building a robust solution with the single goal of quick resolution, deep dives, root cause analysis, and process improvement. This role will be responsible for enabling the Omni-channel marketing team to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies. Must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with business partners (internal and external), campaign analysts, IT Developers, Project and Product Managers, and all levels of the business community. Perform other duties as necessary.
• Leading the operational support for an effective omni- channel marketing function, by providing optimal functional and technical solutions.
• Partnering with operations and product tech teams for issue identification and resolution, deploy new product features, and implement business process enhancements, and provide post deploy support.
• Collaborate with omni-channel campaign analysts to drive key business objectives and marketing strategy initiatives.
• Provide guidance on data conversion/mapping decisions and responsible for data integrity.
• Drive analytical insights for effective decision making using reporting Dashboards using Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Develop multi- dimensional reporting on an ad-hoc basis.
• Optimize and plan for performance tuning on the Big Data (Hadoop) processes proven best practices and standard design principles.
• Evaluate key technology modules for the various layers of the Data pipeline, which includes Ingestion, Transformation, Consolidation and Aggregation.
• Fix issues related to integration efforts (both in-bound & out-bound).
• Provide solutions and recommendations with change requests and upgrades to maintain the health of the data and analytics eco system.
• Drive adoption of best practices and tools by training new and existing employees, documenting processes and communicating updates to the team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information systems, computer science, or equivalent experience required.
• 4 plus years of experience in software development / system analysis experience (any programing languages / Shell Scripting, AWK, SED, ETL, data import/export, data analysis, file processing, FTP process, automation, and SQL).
• 5 - 7 years as a Systems Analyst/ETL Developer.
• Knowledge of Data models, Data Modeling (Relational and Dimensional), Data Profiling and working with large data warehouse environment
• Ability to process and analyze complex data sets in Oracle/Hadoop/DB2 databases, and interpret them to make business decisions
• SAS Marketing Automation / Optimization (MA/ MO).
• Strong verbal communication skills and a great team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong SQL, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaged environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9