As a member of the Marketing Systems team, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving marketing solutions and process improvements across Digital Marketing Search Optimization tactics works closely with cross-functional project teams to ensure optimal delivery of solutions and new capabilities to optimize search results and increase traffic and ranking. The Business Analyst works with leadership teams, external service providers, internal technical teams, analytics, and various other business functions to assure production support, and optimization of digital search programs.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand Digital Marketing Search Optimization objectives to ensure that projects outcome effectively meets strategic and tactical needs to generate traffic and conversion. Develop business requirements, write the business stories, define business rules, create page optimization and monitoring strategies and communicate requirements to the technical teams.
• Act as a SME and product owner. Collaborate with technical teams and partner-vendors to optimize the solution. Represent business interests as an active stakeholder during the development process across internal teams and vendors. Define and document test cases and acceptance criteria. Execute user acceptance testing. Ensure SEO/SEM best practices are followed.
• Identify opportunities for process and program improvements and enhancements. Validate that page-level optimization and server-level optimization will produce the outcome that meets the requirements and objectives. Recommend tactics and solutions that will optimize Digital Marketing Search and increase customer traffic.
• Assist business stakeholders in prioritizing project work, articulate clear prioritization and business justification to engineering teams and convey IT constraints and dependencies to business users.
• Perform monitoring and production support activities. Ensure SEO/SEM technical processes and digital search related programs and tactics are running smoothly.
• Use understanding of organic search trends, including search engine algorithm changes, the latest tools and technologies as well as expertise in Digital Marketing Search technology and practices to support the business in assessing new tools and vendors and ensuring optimal project implementation. Recommend tactics that will help increase overall organic search visibility and effectiveness for Macys .
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Validate Designs, approve testing results, and confirm that results will produce the outcome that meets the requirements and business objectives.
• BS/BA degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent experience
• 5 years prior experience as a business analyst for digital marketing technology solutions.
• Strong communication, negotiation, and problem solving skill are required
• Detail-oriented, well-organized with ability to translate & communicate complex and abstract issues
• Experience analyzing, clarifying and translating business requirements into functional and systems related specification documents including process and data flows diagrams.
• Prior experience as a Business analyst or Systems Analyst for digital search technology solutions.
• Understanding of web analytics and metrics to analyze trends and estimate business impact.
• Ideal candidate will display knowledge of digital marketing search concepts, tools and technologies, such as search usability, server-side settings, server response code, external link building, internal link optimization, sitemaps, robots .txt, redirect etc.
• Have a solid knowledge of the search engine spidering, crawling and indexing process.
• Have Experience in web development process, User Experience site design and development process, and search engine technologies.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.