San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Nov. 15, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12958Apply
Macys.com Website Application Development develops the highly scalable and light weight web applications that create a rich and responsive customer experience for macys.com and bloomingdales.com on desktop, tablets and mobile devices. We are seeking an Engineer who has a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business critical environment. The primary area of focus will be the development of web presentation layer using some of the latest technologies for design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. Senior Software Engineers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players, then come and consider the Website Application Development team at Macys.com. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Clear understanding of multi-tier Web application architecture.
• Design, implement, and unit test web application code.
• Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
• Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
• Perform software (and occasionally hardware) root cause analysis.
• Provide expertise in the development and calibration of software.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
• Work with other senior engineers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
• Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the “go-to” person on integration related questions.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 6 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years of experience.
5+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java, UI technologies such as JQuery, Backbone, Marionette, Handlebars, Webpack, Jasmine, Karma, CSS3, HTML5.
• 5+ Experience with development of REST services and familiarity with Spring Framework.
• 5+ years total experience as an using code repositories such as Git and SVN.
• 3+ years of performance testing, improve page load speed, optimize pages in the web development industry ideally in the retail space.
• Hand on experience with debugging and issue resolution.
• Experience with highly scalable, high performance, 100% stable web applications.
• Agile experienced.
• Web experience in Retail or other high volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
• Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
• Experience with old UI technologies such as Angular JS, Ember, React JS will be a strong plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Strong in estimating and planning skills and the ability to clearly write technical specifications.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced, environment and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.