San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Nov. 14, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12944Apply
The Senior Manager of Business Analytics will work cross functionally across various areas of Macy’s.com to support high quality data driven decisions by providing sound analysis, business insights, and strategic recommendations. This role is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and will also support ad hoc analytical needs due to the continuously changing nature of our business. This position will be privy to highly sensitive information and requires a high level of professional maturity and discretion.
The Senior Manager of Business Analytics will have a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets (qualitative and quantitative) and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for the company. Must have an aptitude for data research and analysis and focused on timely and accurate forecasting to provide recommendations. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work cross functionally across Finance, Analytics, Logistics, Strategy, Merchandising, and Marketing by using advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analysis techniques to interpret key findings that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
• Provide key insights into business trends, opportunities and risks to help shape, analyze viability, forecast financial results, and make recommendations based on the business needs.
• Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
• Anticipate future demands of initiatives and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
Business Case Development and Presentation
• Ability to gather and examine a variety of data points (qualitative and quantitative) and whittle that information down to the most salient insights for the business.
• Design and deliver reports that analyze business functions, key operations and performance metrics to stakeholders.
• Communicate results and business impacts (PowerPoint presentations) to Macys.com leadership with the ability to tailor to audience.
• Individual Contributor with ability to influence and make persuasive case for course of action.
• Effective Collaborator.
Workload management, ability to divide up project work and drive strategy behind modeling methods.
• Consider ways to improve and promote quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
• Reliable, flexible and actively participates in the success of the team.
• Take on additional responsibilities based on the needs of a growing organization.
• Participate in forecasting and planning activities for various SG&A expenses as needed.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business or related field, MBA a plus
• 8 + years Analytical Experience with Financial Modeling experience
• Managerial experience a plus
• Basic knowledge of Accounting
• Proficient in Excel, with ability to demonstrate utilization and creation of formulas, pivot tables and basic macros
• SQL a plus
• Prior retail experience is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
• Must be able to work independently but under minimal supervision.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical and diagram form; solve problems with several abstract and concrete variables
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Analytical Skills - Aptitude to synthesize and compile diverse information, collect and research data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, design work flows and procedures
• Problem Solving - Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternate solutions, works well in group problem solving situations
• Organizational Skills - Propensity to use time and resources effectively, detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and plan for future projects
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.