Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Nov. 05, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12847Apply
This Senior Business Analyst will be part of Business Engineering, supporting applications development that assist warehouse management and logistics optimize and integrate the solutions with internal and third party systems. Candidate will have other responsibilities to include working with system owners, support personnel and end users to triage and analyze application behaviors and defects. Defects will be remediated by operations developers; candidate will be responsible for functional testing of defect resolutions and will work with all stake holders for implementation.
Business analysts focus on the collection and documentation of business requirements that drive the design of business systems solutions. They may also participate in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment, leading business process redesign, acclimating business processes to changes in technology and consulting with the customer on how to best support the business through the effective use of technology. This role is an independent contributor Business Analyst role that participates in the effective documentation of work processes and business requirements. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Facilitate requirements gathering sessions for moderately complex requests, accurately capturing client needs.
• Create requirements definition documentation and functional specifications to capture business needs using emerging understanding of business processes. Validates with the customer and shares with project stakeholders.
• Validate and obtains sign-off for functional requirements/specifications and tracks changes to requirements.
• Track progress of plans. Identifies and escalates deviations from requirements.
• Review test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy.
• Perform implementation support.
• Help in formulating a business vision for project stakeholders.
• Ensure that all analyses carried out by his/her team are well documented as well as archived.
• Find solutions to challenges coupled with a willingness to do what is necessary in order to ensure timelines and make sure that goals are met.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's degree preferred and 5+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrate experience with Agile software development methodologies, creation of user stories, backlog grooming and strategy to determine.
• Demonstrate experience leading full lifecycle software development in medium to large size enterprise.
• Knowledge of Reverse Logistics or Supply Chain for Omni Channel is required.
• CSPO certification strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to read, writes, and interprets business and technical documents.
• Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization from developers to C-level executives.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Able to understand and take specific direction to complete tasks; uses good judgment in selecting appropriate work procedures or approaches, with guidance.
• Seek advice and approval to expedite results.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Self-starter, high tolerance for ambiguity, less structured.
• Must multitask and maintain focus while doing such.
• Must be comfortable with tight timelines.
• Must have a sense of urgency.
• Must possess speed and versatility.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.