San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Nov. 02, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12824Apply
The Group Vice President (GVP) leading Product Management for the Front End Consumer oversees the strategic definition of a product vision focused on multiple critical aspects of our colleagues’ and customers’ journey at Macy’s, including our ecommerce website and mobile apps, as well as our Marketing initiatives. The GVP, Product Management, Front End Consumer will lead their teams to develop capabilities and enhancements to engage and retain online and instore customers and to deliver a superior and highly personalized experience across the board, but especially to our most loyal customers. The GVP, Product Management, Front End Consumer uses their strong technical understanding to influence and collaborate with technology leaders and to prioritize capital spend to deliver highest ROI with the best experience. The GVP, Product Management, Front End Consumer is highly engaged in emerging retail trends and uses forethought and data to influence senior business leaders and to guide their teams to identify the most valuable opportunities for the business. The GVP, Product Management, Front End Consumer embodies the Macy’s behaviors in all that they do. Performs other duties as assigned.
Strategic Product Oversight:
· Serve as a leading voice of the customer/colleague and act as a customer/colleague experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer/colleague.
· Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
· Champion a point-of-view to leadership and partners regarding the strategic priorities and relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development/implementation phase.
· Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
· Guide team members and partners to ensure the product specifications are well understood by development/implementation teams.
· Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development/implementation teams.
Executive Stakeholder Management:
· Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management across Macy’s Inc.
· Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders to develop clear and complete strategic roadmaps and business requirements and oversee prioritization and tradeoff decisions with cross functional senior leadership team.
· Ensure that all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of product status from concept through launch and of business results and outcomes.
· Identify key metrics (KPIs) for new features and socialize at all levels from within Product team, to Tech delivery partners, to executive leadership team.
· Create and deliver senior leadership and executive updates for a variety of forums—Tech & Digital Leadership forums, Tech & Digital All Hands meetings, Macy’s Operating Committee, Corporate Strategy Group, Board of Directors, etc.
· Develop, lead and inspire team members responsible for defining and delivering the product capability roadmap.
· Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
· Lead leaders to coach team members as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources.
· Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
· Support direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
· Support senior leadership and the technology organization in developing and improving product development, product management and delivery practices.
· Hiring, retention and succession planning for any direct reports.
· Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
· Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
· Will coach and lead direct and indirect reports.
· BA or BS Degree required, MBA preferred.
· 12-15 years relevant professional experience required.
· 10-12 years of experience in retail/e-commerce, product management, strategy and/or consulting.
· 10-12 years of experience leading & managing direct and indirect reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
· Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
· This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
· May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
· May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
· Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
· May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
· Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiation skills.
· Experience developing delivery models a plus.
· Experience developing and managing innovation pipelines a plus.
· Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.