Atlanta - Georgia
Date Posted: Oct. 29, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12776Apply
The V2C Specialist (Seasonal Position) provides support to the merchant and selling teams and acts as a liaison with our vendor contacts, while delivering a best in class customer experience.
This Specialist’s primary responsibilities are to review daily exception reports and queues dealing with problem shipments from vendors and take action to resolve them within a certain time period. Specialists are required to work with appropriate personnel in buying offices and/or vendors in order to correct the shipment problems dealing with direct from vendor to consumer shipments placed on Macys.com or our stores. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Daily monitoring and updating of pending vendor orders; revising of reservation ship dates and purchase order cancel dates within the various Macy’s order management systems.
• Responsible for setup and auditing of 3rd party reporting to ensure accuracy of vendor communications.
• Daily monitoring of various customer service queues/work with vendor partners to coordinate resolution of customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist in system training for onboarding of new associates.
• Gain a solid understanding of PO and Receiving systems in order to perform daily tasks
• Research and resolve exceptions from reports and email appropriate business partners in a timely manner.
• Communicate with Buyers, Planners, Vendors and Warehouse Personnel to resolve issues. Follow up with them, as needed.
• Perform maintenance to correct exceptions are timely and accurately.
• Log shipment issues, action taken to resolve any pending orders.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently once direction has been provided, and be effective in a group environment.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Must have intermediate skills in Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
A picture is worth a thousand words. We see it every day when we showcase our e-commerce and technology products. So we’ll let our photos give you a glimpse into what it’s really like to work at Macy’s Technology.
Copyright ©2018 Macy’s, Inc.
Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law, click here.