Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Nov. 29, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12748Apply
Our tech environment is extremely complex and unique to an Omni-Channel retailer. The incumbent will act as single point of contact for providing technical skills supporting a multi-platform retail environment consisting of mainframe systems, distributed systems, networking, etc. Independently identifies, assesses, and triages events that are identified through active monitoring or upon receiving a report. Determines course of action; resolves all level 1 and 2 events, escalates immediately as required, or escalates to Level 3 support all remaining issues.
For events requiring immediate resolution (Incident Management), acts as event facilitator - determines and secures the appropriate personnel, makes initial assessment of issue to guide others in effort to identify an effective resolution, facilitates the meeting to ensure teams stay focused on immediately restoring service and publishes regular status updates to upper management on the status of the event. After Service is restored, follows up to ensure appropriate ownership for RCA and any follow up work has been assigned and accepted. Interacts with all Macy's associates across all divisions and all job titles/levels. Performs other duties as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Uses independent judgment to assess, triage, research, resolve and escalate significant technical issues presented via monitoring, calls, emails or other methods of notification, includes using independent judgment to factor in time of event and corresponding business needs.
Actively monitor the production environment for potential events that would cause disruption- identify and address or escalates significant events, includes independent judgment to assess impact to business for any identified event (based on when event occurs and what is going on with business).
• Provide operational support to Incident Management team by executing all role responsibilities including required reporting and Operations meeting facilitation. Provide end to end support of Incident Management process by reviewing stability tickets, RCAs and all related documentation.
• Provide level 1 and 2 support resolution for all Macy’s Tech technical solutions, including Macys proprietary systems (hardware, software and application functionality) based on work experience; triage, document and escalate level 3 support issues. Provides support to users for hardware, software, and application functionality specific to Macy's.
• Deliver technical expertise, evaluates and recommends preventative measures to Business units thru Problem Management analysis.
• Provide education and training to the Macy’s Service Desk. Works with Business Unit system support teams to develop, modify, and update support documentation for the support teams including the Macy’s Service Desk.
• Train, mentor, direct and validate the work of Analyst 1, EDP and Intern associates; includes assisting with onboarding new associates.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent degree plus 5+ years of experience or combination of education and experience.
• 3 – 5 years of incident management experience utilizing tools such as ServiceNow, MS Team, Skype and Smartmon.
• Experience leading daily operation meetings and collaborating with associates at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Strong analytical, decision-making and relationship-building skills and ability to prioritize needs and tasks quickly.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple complex issues concurrently.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Understand and effectively uses accepted support method.
• Broad technical knowledge and understanding of relationships of the key technology used at Macys/retail Environment.
• Proficient with one or more technology environments; able to learn and apply new and emerging concepts very quickly.
• Strong working knowledge of relevant programming languages/tools for the application area.
• Able to assess situations quickly and accurately, make decisions with incomplete information that may result in pulling multiple associates onto a call to resolve an issue.
• Able to sort thru large amounts of information/data and help guide others on key elements to focus incident resolution quickly.
• Ability to work with multiple levels of management across enterprise; solid negotiation and escalation skills.
• Strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on these systems.
• Able to analyze metrics to identify reoccurring issues; mitigate repeat impact or identify proactive corrective action.
• Strong understanding of core business including significance of hour of day, day of week, week of month and month of year effect on severity of a given event.
• Build and maintain a strong working knowledge of the business area(s) supported and the applications that they support.
• Basic understanding of the systems/applications used in the enterprise and how they inter-relate.
• Knowledge of engaging and coordinating system/application impact issues.
• Perform job functions in a fast-paced work environment in which need to manage multiple
simultaneous events occurs regularly.
• Successfully troubleshoot most system problems independently, determining best course of action and resolving or facilitating escalation to resolution.
• Execute a range of methods, tools and systems within job functions; actively work to develop new or improve existing processes.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.