San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 25, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12742Apply
Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented Associate UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to help shape the user experience design for Macy’s.com, Macy’s app, and Macy’s retail stores. The Associate UX Designer supports the realization of Macy’s strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Strong candidates will have a portfolio demonstrating elegant designs that solve business goals and user needs, utilizing research and data to inform the design of user experiences. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
Design contributor, tireless advocate of the customer, influence on project implementation.
• Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel.
• Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity.
• Personal development.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
• Entry-level position, no professional work experience is required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents.
Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.