Mason - Ohio
Date Posted: Oct. 24, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12723Apply
Macys Tech is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help transform our teams and systems to the latest open source technology stack. Our area supports the Macys contact center with over 70 million customer contacts per year through all channels. We work very closely with internal and external technical partners to deliver a great experience for every Macys customer.
We are expanding our capabilities and are working toward improving our speed to market as we transition to open source technologies and continue our agile journey. From a technology point of view, we are moving from .net web and thick clients to responsive node.js single page applications and micro services. We need someone of your caliber to help us in our transformation and execution of our roadmap.
Our Contact Center Systems team supports the technology needs for the Macy’s contact centers. In this role, you will be a key contributor of our team and you will be responsible for working in a dynamic, agile, high impact environment to design and implement solutions for Macys. This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered systems that are used by our colleagues. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to create and review architecture and design deliverables for new systems and features supporting Macys
• Serve as a technical and functional expert for Contact Center Systems, its framework and the integrations with other systems and applications
• Ability to lead, evaluate and server as a technical and functional expert for Contact Center Systems, its framework and the integrations with other systems and applications
• Translate business and functional requirements into technical design to meet stated business needs
• Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, using standard procedures and techniques
• Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions and possess a client-focused attitude
• Willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
• Experience collaborating with internal, remote teams and 3rd Party vendors\partners
• Proficient understanding of Agile development methodologies
• Act as a technology and functional mentor to team members; direct junior staff in the coding, configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent and 6+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of experience with developing and leveraging APIs.
• 3+ years of experience with web services (with REST or SOAP).
• 2+ years of experience with continuous integration using tools such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, and Artifactory.
• Proficiency dealing with data extraction and manipulation of relational databases (SQL).
• 2+ years of experience with or exposure to cloud computing platform and associated automation.
• Familiar with .Net and Single Page applications, Entity Framework.
• Familiar with Domain Driven Design principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to read, write, and interpret complex documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Able analyze complex business and competitive issues and discern their implications for systems support.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.